Anchor Clone Stamp??

Hello All - Newbie here - thanks for the helpful forum!!

Is there a way to anchor the Clone Stamp so it stays in one place as you move your mouse to clone over other areas??

As I click, it moves along with the mouse.

Edited by jawbone

Hello All - Newbie here - thanks for the helpful forum!!

Is there a way to anchor the Clone Stamp so it stays in one place as you move your mouse to clone over other areas??

As I click, it moves along with the mouse.

Hi and welcome :)

The whole idea of the clone stamp tool is to "clone" a selective area of pixels that you define. It only follows the path you select. It won't freeze on any given point. No program has that feature with any clone tool that I know of

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

• 5 years later...
On 1/1/2012 at 4:01 AM, nitenurse79 said:

Hi and welcome :)

The whole idea of the clone stamp tool is to "clone" a selective area of pixels that you define. It only follows the path you select. It won't freeze on any given point. No program has that feature with any clone tool that I know of

I believe he could've meant a way to anchor the clone tool's stamp so you can copy a specific part of a pattern in multiple areas, like if you want a checkered pattern in another area that's larger than the checkered pattern on the paint bucket tool, that needed to be brushed along a specific area.

That is a copy and paste operation, not clone stamp. See, the source point of the clone stamp moves. If you want the same area of an image copied multiple times, then select it, copy it and paste it into a new layer as many times as you need.