Semi Realistic Eyes (Non 3D)

toxicdj

I'm impressed! A very nice tutorial. diagona.032.png

Thank you.

(your first 'rep' point is well deserved boltbait.wink.png )

I'm impressed! A very nice tutorial. diagona.032.png

Thank you.

(your first 'rep' point is well deserved boltbait.wink.png )

Thanks Very Much.

I really hope this comes in handy for someone as it will for me

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=5558

Oh and I added some links to the plugins used. :D

awesome! This would help me with my SL avi's! :)

I'm not too sure how the store on SL works, but you could even make some up and sell them. Thats my plan for IMVU haha...

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=5558

Very clever. Nice touch using Inside Out

... a bit of tweaking and playing and it's potentially totally realistic :) (But don't quote me on that - I'm not one of the portrait makers ;))

I'm sure with some tweaking and some patience that you could make it a realistic eye. With eyes realism is all in the shine I think. I'm working on a way to make a more realistic shine to the eye so when I do I'll add it to the tut...

th_eye.jpg

A radial gradient helps get a more spherical shape ;)

I enjoyed this tut. I'd never used Random Lines before. Could be wicked for abstracts :) But for now, I'll keep playing with this tut before entering Aislin's competition

Well I must say yours looks a hell of a lot better than mine, and fixes my shading problem. I didnt even think of using a radial gradient-facepalm. Which steps did you do it on so I can update the tut. I'll credit you with the idea of course xD

• Upvote 1

This is awesome, great tutorial, and another one to try for myself. I do hope to post some gallery soon, this will inspire me. :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Pretty cool tutorial.

I used the Shape 3D plugin though on the blue:

Eye1.png

EDIT:

Tried adding the Shape 3D to the white background as well:

Eye2.png

Edited by jim100361

EDIT: awww...jim beat me to the shape 3D addition xD

eye.png

Great tutorial! I revised it to work with shape 3D and used welshie's suggestion :D Keep up the good work!

Edited by pdnnoob
  • Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

@ 'Noob ... that is fricking awesome my friend. I honestly thought it was real B)

Well, if you combine great ideas from great artists, things just might work out great too :lol:

I actually set my gradient to multiply (white>black radial gradient). That way, I killed two birds with one stone and made some nice shading on the white ;) (ok, I admit it was unintentional...) The colors used in the gradient makes a big difference, and I don't know what colors welshie used, so I didn't get good results from overlay D:

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

eye.png

Great tutorial! I revised it to work with shape 3D and used welshie's suggestion boltbait.big_smile.png Keep up the good work!

I may have beat you to posting about using the Shape 3D, but you've nailed it much better than I did!

Great piece.

Also, I think maybe the title of the thread should be changed - delete "(Non 3D)" - lol

Edited by jim100361

eye.png

Great tutorial! I revised it to work with shape 3D and used welshie's suggestion :D Keep up the good work!

OMG Thats amazing xD

I may have beat you to posting about using the Shape 3D, but you've nailed it much better than I did!

Great piece.

Thanks! :) All I really did was combine Ash's tutorial with this one and welshie's suggestion, so...great ideas and creditz to all the real brains behind the picture!

OMG Thats amazing xD

only great results from an amazing tutorial ;)

We had fun with this one Preciousss. It's one of Saurons' eyes!

yhsjjie-20.png

Tip: You can use Ed Harvey's Vignette to darken the edges of the eye body (if radial blur is tricksy....,)

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

eye.png

Thank you @Pixey for the link.

Here's my run at it.

A few more effects added to make it unique B) 

Thanks as well to  @toxicdj for the tutorial.

Edited by AndrewDavid
  • Upvote 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

117931594_3140058006114539_7643411853921117340134_3140136776106662_8738048195489

Hi guys! So I'm the original poster of this from way way way back when, and firstly, I cant believe that even just a few years ago people were still using this tut! That's kind of amazing!
I honestly just randomly stumbled across this because I saw someone in an art group im in talking about PDN, and I remembered I used to use it. Thought I might have a scroll through the tutorials, and saw this and had memories flash back!
Figured I'd redownload PDN and try out the old tutorial to see if it's stood the test of time, and as you can see from the above pics, and much to my surprise, it really did!
The first one I followed the tutorial exactly to a tee, up to and including the same colours.
Second one I played with some of the settings and did on a 1024x1024 canvas, played around with the colors and curves a bit more and as mentioned on one of the comments from back in the day added a radial gradient to it.
I'm so pleased that this was able to help people out, and that even now it is still being enjoyed.
Have fun everyone, stay safe, and keep creating!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2