.RAW files

So, I got to thinking, why don't I go through the entire plugin index searching for all the filetypes I could possibly need? So I did. I downloaded more filetypes than I will ever need...except for one. There are so many .raw filetype plugins that I can't decide on which to download :/ If anyone out there uses a raw filetype plugin, would you mind telling me which plugin is the most functional/best? Thanks! :)

While I'm on the topic of filetypes, is .ogg an image filetype as well as audio and video? A friend of mine was asking if paint.net could save as .ogg and I was all o.0 because I couldn't figure out why you would save an image as a video file. I took a look at wikipedia and google and that only confused me more, so if anyone could give a simple explanation of .ogg files, that would be great ;)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

This I think helps more than wiki.

It says .ogg is a file type that encapsulates raw video and/or audio data.

I've tried to learn about this stuff before, and came across 'encapsulate' but I'm still not 100% sure on the point of it. Part of the issue is that I don't really know much about how codecs and other things are used. I sorta get that a filetype that encapsulates data is really just a 'container' for the data, not exactly a codec which encodes/decodes the data (as far as I understand it. My terminology may be waaay off).

Idk if this answers your first question. I don't know any advantages between RAW filetypes for PDN (because I don't know of any) and I don't know the purpose to RAW images. I get that it's 100% of all the data from the actual image capture, but how is that different between .png?

Edited by W@@dy
SamusSig-1.png

You know there is a list of filetypes don't you? Post number #7 in the thread ;) (Don't tell me you went through the entire list manually?)

RE: Raw file format.

In order of release the plugins are:

RawLoader

Another Raw File Loader

RawReader

RAW File

Rawload v1.0

Me, I'd start with the most recent release (i.e. the last in this list), and work my way backwards if necessary.

Do you even have a camera that outputs RAW files? If not, then why do you need a RAW filetype?

And no, PdN can't save as OGG. It also can't save as MP3. What's the point?

(Don't read this as snarky. It's not. :-))

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.