Select a triangle/polygon

Tipton Harrier

You mean instead of a rectangle selection tool, you would like a triangle selection tool?

That doesn't exist unfortunately (Unless I've been extremely oblivious for several years).

My best suggestion would be to use a magic wand on a triangle like area to give yourself a triangle shaped selection, then move it around to where you need it.

SamusSig-1.png

As a workaround, I add a new layer and use the line tool to draw a "selection" around the object, then use magic wand to select the area enclosed by my lines. Once I get my selection, I hide the line layer and return to my image layer with my selection.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

As a workaround, I add a new layer and use the line tool to draw a "selection" around the object, then use magic wand to select the area enclosed by my lines. Once I get my selection, I hide the line layer and return to my image layer with my selection.

Not a bad idea.

Would you suggest an aliased line then? So the antialiased part doesn't accidentally cut out parts of what you want? Or do you not have that issue

SamusSig-1.png

instead of the line tool use the Render-Polygone/Stars tool set to three Verticies and whatever size you need--this only works for an Isosceles triangle

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.