How to Install Plugins ×

Red ochre plug-in pack V9 (updated 30th July 2014)

Red ochre

Thanks for this testing Goonfella and Delpart - very much appreciated :star: :star:,

I will work on this - since it seems the fastest machine seems to have the worst problems I will experiment with trying to slow it down (not too much!) .

What results do you get by using 'primary to secondary' - with both colors set the same?

Thanks again.

Intel 2.4 gig second gen dual core at 1600 bus speed (800 base dual channel effective rate) to memory for reference point. Bumped into overclock at 3.2 it got worse slightly ... curious.

As to the primary/secondary set the same: significant reduction in pattern occurence. Even trying to push it down in scale ... wait, I forgot to test odd size canvas, ... like 8 to 1 ratio. (post paused) Hrm, inconclusive in some ways. Small square has same problem. But again, the black on black using the primary to secondary seems to be working.

All examples using 144, black primary and secondary full noise color.

Okay at 8 to 1 I can get the results Goon got using primary only (2 examples):

8to1ratio.png

8to1ratio2.png

16 to 1 just because I saved it:

16to1ratio.png

Small square showing the behavior:

100x100or1to1ratiosmall.png

And of course the primary to secondary showing this resolves the issue more or less:

8to1ratio_p2s_black.png

Hope that helps.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

@ dug, thanks for taking the time to say thanks - very impressed by your gallery too.

- It's good to know that people are exploring the drop down lists and settings rather than accepting the default values. ;)

@ krys - hello & welcome - again thanks for saying thanks - very appreciated! ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've added 'Overblur' and 'recolour choice' to the pack. :smile: .

I'll tidy up the links in the first post when I work out what I'm doing!

9 days later and I've finally worked out how to put the right name on a link!

- It's the little switch icon in the edit window - then edit the html - I'm sure there must be an easier way.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It is a tragedy to not have this thread bumped when it contains probably the best gradient plugin on the board.

• Upvote 1

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

• 2 months later...

What happened to the download link? I can't seem to find it...

Sadly RedOchre has left the forum and removed his plug ins too :(

ZXCBOoZ.png

We are working with Red Ochre about this situation.  Hopefully we can have it resolved soon.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I would be surprised if he does come back, I saw his post and feel for him,it wasn't right what happened. Hopefully it doesn't get swept under the rug like others have. I really like Red and will miss him if it does.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Wow, I came here just for the object edge plugin...I thought that I was going crazy because I couldn't find the link.  Thanks so much for letting us know that the link is gone.  Hope everything is okay with Red and fingers crossed that the situation is resolved soon. 

Hopefully it doesn't get swept under the rug like others have.

Nothing is being "swept under the carpet". We Mods take our job seriously. We have discussed the issue, in depth, and acted.

I really like Red and will miss him if it does.

Red and I conversed via PM and email. We wrote things together. Shared ideas and modified stuff. We helped each other. In short, Red O is a friend on mine too and I am sad that he's gone.

It is my pleasure to announce that Red Ochre's plugin pack has been restored as an attachment to the first post in this thread.

:mrviolet:

• 4 months later...

Gradients galore is no place to be found on my machine.I tried to install this several times so I can complete the seascape tutorial(I'm sure I can get around it)but it just will not install.Ive installed plenty of these before.Is the plugin no longer available?

Gradients galore is no place to be found on my machine.I tried to install this several times so I can complete the seascape tutorial(I'm sure I can get around it)but it just will not install.Ive installed plenty of these before.Is the plugin no longer available?

You will find the download link at the bottom of post #1 on page #1 of this thread.  It is working on my machine using paint.net V4.0. 

iNUIdNo.jpg

Thanks Lloyd.Still not working.Oh no.Is it because I havent updated to 4.0?But Im afraid of change.

Thanks Lloyd.Still not working.Oh no.Is it because I havent updated to 4.0?But Im afraid of change.

It's the same pack I do believe, I updated to V4.0 leaving this pack in place and have had no issues with it, I did have 3.5.11 prior to this and the pack was happy running on that version also. You should update and get V4.0. It is a change you will be glad to have made ;)

• Upvote 1

iNUIdNo.jpg

It should work for both 3.5.11 & v4 - as far as I am aware.

johnnysdream - is the .dll (named, suprisingly, 'Gradientsgalore') in your Effects folder? - if so, you should find it under Effects/Render from within Pdn. Are you sure you put it in the correct folder?

Life is change. I blame thermodynamics! :roll:

If you have Windows7 sp1 or higher then think about changing to v4.

Thanks for the info Lloyd. ;)

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks for the feedback Lloyd and Red.For some reason I cant figure out,it was in the wrong folder......I think.Anyway,solved.While Im here htough,do I have to reload all my plugins if I update?

As far as I understand the plugins you had under 3.5.11 stay in the effects folder when you update to 4. BUT many of the older plugins have had new versions written so that they run smoothly on 4. So DO make sure you have the latest versions. There is a list in the preview centre of plugins that are having problems running on 4.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27661-incompatible-plugins-an-incomplete-list-updated-for-405268/

Fortunately I think all mine still work in 4, so shouldn't need updating. (I'm actually on Vista so cannot update myself - if I could, I would though!).

PdnForumSig2.jpg