Forum access

Well now, this is wierd. I can (obviously) post a query but I'm unable to get in to read the replies that people have been kind enough to write. It appears that my profile is incomplete or my Status, whatever that is, is not right. Or it might be something else. So, if

Mr. Brewster or somebody could have a look and send me an email to : <snip> telling me what to do I would be grateful.

I have to say though, that I don't see why I should have to put any personal information here, I don't see the relevence in such a forum.

Best regards

Tony

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo

plainoldtony

Hi Tony,

You've made a post, and I'm replying. I hope you'll be able to read this! boltbait.mrgreen.png

( Note: I removed your email address from your post. It's not a good idea to post such information in an open forum unless you want to be spammed.)

Now are you referring to the PM (Private Message) system or posts in threads? If the latter, and you can read this then case closed & solved. If the former, do private messages simply not show up or are you unable to access (open) them?

i think i am having the same problem-- when i click on my name link in the top right it takes me to my profile-- the drop menu wont stay up to let me go to the messages center- now if i get a new message i can click on the alert and go there, but not just any time.. figured it was my settings and was trying to find a way around it, but if others are having the same issue.........

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

i think i am having the same problem-- when i click on my name link in the top right it takes me to my profile-- the drop menu wont stay up to let me go to the messages center- now if i get a new message i can click on the alert and go there, but not just any time.. figured it was my settings and was trying to find a way around it, but if others are having the same issue.........

Here's a link to the message centre:

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?app=members&module=messaging

KaHuc.png

What board theme are you using? The Default one?

Are you clicking your username or the dropdown arrow that sits to the right of your username?

What browser?

If you have javascript turned on, then this is beyond my Mod powers :( I think you need help from CMD or Pyrochild....,

Hey!

Yes thanks people :D I also had the same problem as mountnman, but what pyrochild suggested worked :D Its funny as in Facebook I had to use compatibility mode to write my messages otherwise it cut me off at a certain point! I couldn't work out the problem, but now it's been pointed out, I guess it makes sense!

• 3 months later...