agjm's art gallery ~ new image 11-19-2012 - New Image This Month!

AGJM

That's interesting.   I prefer the second one - it has a 3D look to it, and it has more color.  

Anyways, my friend asked me to make her a picture with her initials on it, so here it is - it's just an edit of my flower one, though - and I will warn those with slow internet that it is enormous and it is in the below spoiler in its full 2121x1557 glory.  I will also say that, having stared at it for three and a half hours while I made it, I am honestly tired of it and will not be offended by any criticism.

Flowers_Tiled-2121x1557.jpg

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

New sig: 

AGJMcolorfulsig_zpsd90f866e.png

And, also, is it safe to edit my main post now?  No major redecorating (or re-bbcoding) will be required?  

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've only spent a few hours on this so far.  I plan to put many more into it, and I plan to use it as a reference for a book that I'll likely never finish.  Anyways, the image is 3200x1800, to those with slow internet, so watch out.  Here it is: http://files.customize.org/download/wallpapers/65670378/102656/A_Peculiar_Map-3000x1800.jpg

Now, of course, I can't show you the map without an excerpt from the supposed book (which I decided to write after coming up with a prompt based on an oddly shaped cloud in the sky that looked like some sort of strange bird from a fantasy world, that I continued to ponder over for the rest of the day).  So, here you go:

"Wisps of air sliced through the frills of a strange bird as it flew over – looking beautiful and delicate, and yet it was strong enough to survive in the dense jungles.  Its wings fluttered as it went by, and I watched – mesmerized.  The blue and red colors were majestic, drawing my eyes away from the vivid green forest around me.  As I gazed at it, I began to come to my head.  I would need a sort of party to journey through these areas. I would have to go back the way I had come to recruit one.  

I breathed in heavily and picked up my satchel, slinging it over my shoulder and allowing the leather to reach its usual, familiar position.  Inside of it were my materials – a map, a compass, a box of matches, a canteen, a long knife – safely put into a holster, of course – and a few round lead balls and gunpowder packet for my flintlock rifle.  I wrapped my dirty, grimy hands around the rifle and picked it up from the stump on which it had been resting.  I turned around to examine my lean-to, to be sure I hadn't left anything, and then I ventured on."

Edit: The current state of the two paragraphs is:
"Wisps of air sliced through the frilled wings of a strange bird as it flew over – looking beautiful and delicate, and yet it was strong enough to survive in the dense jungles. Its wings danced as it soared, and I watched – mesmerized. The blue and red colors were majestic, drawing my eyes away from the vivid green forest around me. As I gazed at it, I began to realize the true demeanor of my journey. I would need a sort of party to journey through these areas. I would have to go back the way I had come to recruit one. 
I breathed in heavily and picked up my satchel, slinging it over my shoulder and allowing the leather to reach its usual, familiar position. Inside of it were my materials – a map, a compass, a box of matches, a canteen, a long knife – safely put into a holster, of course – and a few round lead balls and gunpowder packet for my flintlock rifle. I wrapped my dirty, grimy hands around the rifle and picked it up from the stump on which it had been resting. I turned around to examine my lean-to, to be sure I hadn't left anything, and then I ventured on."

I made a few minor edits.  

Edit 2: I figured out how to draw the mountains.  Tutorial by "Jon" is here: http://www.fantasticmaps.com/2012/03/how-to-draw-isometric-hand-drawn-mountains/

But here are mine: 
StoryBookMapMountainPrototype_zpse25efd2

Edited by AGJM

Cool map! I recently went to a mini-class on making maps, then a meeting where people shared the maps they'd made. I didn't finish mine, but it was fun to do.

The story is intriguing. Hope to see more.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

First image in a very, very, very long time.

Somewhat crappy quality, as it's from my facebook upload of it, but it's too small to put on customize.org and I don't like using photobucket anymore.

And also, I finally figured out how to make those cool smokey effects in PDN.  

1209100_4680582471712_1424295876_n.jpg

Thanks.  And I got bored again...
Experimenting with the smokey stuff.  Don't know if I like the outcome in this one or not - some of the tendrils and wisps are far too circular.  They look like pipelines or something. 

AGJMMidnightDreams.png

That looks awesome. I love the background and the text. Did you make that font yourself or is it a download?

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

That looks awesome. I love the background and the text. Did you make that font yourself or is it a download?

Thanks!

The font is a download.  Here you go.  Edit: Here's the one that's below that.

I've tried making my own fonts a couple of times, but I'm too lazy and don't have enough vision to do a whole thing anyways.

Edited by AGJM

The typography is simple and legible. The textured background is simple, too. Also, combining black, gray tones and cyan gives a chilling, cold sensation. :]

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

The typography is simple and legible. The textured background is simple, too. Also, combining black, gray tones and cyan gives a chilling, cold sensation. :]

My favorite type of sensation, actually.  

I'm breaking my own self-imposed rule here of not commenting in galleries of those who don't support other galleries but I've got to say that latest one is neat. A very effective image. I agree with BarbieQ' about the pat on the back

Thanks.  

I never really realized that I don't ever look at anyone else's galleries.  There's some really good stuff around.  

With all sarcasm aside, I'm very good at being self-centered and not realizing it.  I should get more involved in the community.  Sorry.  

I reflect the sentiments of those posting before me!  Smoky is very impressive.  The background and the text really compliment each other.  Well done :smile: 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 3 months later...

Almost feel bad for posting this before so much as glancing at anyone else's galleries - but I think I will afterwards.  Might drop a comment or two, as well.  Also, you all came here willingly.

Anyways, I made a couple more pictures for some playlists I was making on 8tracks.  Here's the latest one:  el5ORCo.png

I haven't put the other one up anywhere other than the actual playlist it is on, so if you want to see it - here: http://8tracks.com/agjm/dark-dubstep

Hope you liked them. 

Don't feel badly for not posting. :) 

This new image is great. I would've added a drop shadow behind the font to bring it out from the background, but that's just my preference. Love the font, too!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA