How to Install Plugins ×

Psychocolour (in Red ochre plugin pack)

Red ochre

This plugin uses one slider control to quickly produce a large range of psychedelic colour effects. Examples below.

Psychocolourexample1.jpg

Many thanks to EER for advice and encouragement when I started this plugin.

Tips:

It's fun to use on faces and landscapes and it will work on partially transparent layers such as text layers.

However it needs some graduation to get the full effect, so I'd recommend using my 'tweak transparency' plugin first, if using on plain black text.

If the effect is too strong, then run it on a duplicate layer and experiment with transparency and blend options.

All feedback appreciated. Enjoy!

pschocolour is now in my plugin pack... here's the link:

Red ochre plugin pack

Edited by Red ochre
  • Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Mmmmm....., Psychocolour qu'est-ce que c'est? boltbait.lol.png(I'm being smart with a Talking Heads lyric - not actually asking the question)

Nicely done, Red Ochre! When do we see a plugin pack?

Ah.... you got the reference (I didn't want to risk the spelling - French is foreign language to me!).

I'm not sure about a plugin pack - I'm still working on some ideas for new plugins and wonder if keeping separate threads for each may be easier if people have questions.

Would the separate threads be deleted if I rolled the published ones into a new thread? - and would the download limit still allow examples/screenshots?

It is an ambition, but I'm a bit busy at the moment and ideally I'd like to explain the plugins more fully if I published a pack.

So work in progress.

Cheers:D

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

....wonder if keeping separate threads for each may be easier if people have questions. Would the separate threads be deleted if I rolled the published ones into a new thread?

Certainly you can keep separate threads for each plugin. Actually encouraged. Just link back the plugin pack thread instead of attaching the zipped file.

There are many examples of authors doing just this (BoltBait, Pyrochild, MadJik....,).

- and would the download limit still allow examples/screenshots?

Sure would.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope you enjoy it. - It' fun and simple to use and can give you ideas for alternate colour schemes, but it isn't subtle! - still there are plenty of more 'sane' colour plugins (curves etc.), if you need to fine tune things.

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I've had this plugin for quite a while but this is the first time I formally try it out, and the basic shapes for the wings came from the Table plugin... plus several further tweaks JC_cheesy.gif

Diving into the psychedelic colours!l_diver.gif

derisive.gif

butterfly_for_Ghazal.pngbutterfly_for_Su.png

butterfly_for_Rebe.pngbutterfly_Psychocoloured_at_10_35.png

• Upvote 2

A great coder from the start,

:lol: ...

Far from it!

My coding is very 'basic' - Psychocolour just messes around with the R,G,B values using the slider value and the images tone.

( I think the prototype code is still on Dev central ...somewhere?)

If it wasn't for codelab and the help from the experienced programmers here, I wouldn't have a clue!

I now mostly use Visual Studio for writing plugins as it gives more flexibility, but still often start them off using codelab.

I would have quickly given up on VS without E.E.R's help and many thanks also to; Rick Brewster, BoltBait, Null54, TechnoRobbo, Midora and the many others which have left example code on the forum. :beer: B)

I'm pleased and flattered that you find my plugins useful though! ;)

• Upvote 1

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Hello Red,

I think I found a little problem (at least on my pc). When I click on the little arrow to increase the phase shift, the counter gets stuck. I can move the slider without problems it is also OK when I decrease the phase shift. It is only when I increase it that the counter gets stuck at several points.

• Upvote 1

Hi Eli,
Yes, I noticed that 'bug' a long while back - and eventually reported it. (Actually, I think I just mentioned it to TR who reported it to Boltbait, who posted about it here

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/31387-indirect-ui-double-slider-up-arrow-issue/ )

It just seems to happen with that type of slider.
I blame Microsoft... why not! :lol:

Thanks for reporting it anyway. ;)

PdnForumSig2.jpg