Plugin for Font Effects?

footpad

Hi there,

I'm looking for a plug-in that applies common effects to Text objects? For example, filled letters outlined with a solid color, as in those lolcat images?

(I did look at the plug-in list, but didn't see anything that looked promising.)

Thanks in advance...

-- f

Text layers are no different than any other layer in Paint.NET. Once your text is "finalized" it's basically just a picture of that text.

Any effect that works on images will work on your text.

For what you're describing, you're looking for my Outline Object plugin. There's a link to it in my signature below.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Some clarification of the term 'object' might be in order....,

An 'object' is a region of the layer that is surrounded by transparent pixels (the grey & white checkerboard).

Text on a transparent layer is considered a collection of objects. Text (even contrasting text) on a colored surface within the same layer are not objects.

So in order to use Pyrochild's 'Outline Object', you need to render your text onto a canvas that is otherwise transparent.

If you draw your text onto a filled layer, the plugin will not find the edges of the text & will not work as you anticipate.

You will see many recommendations on the forum about putting your text onto a transparent layer - it's a good habit to get into.