copy and paste

amarinus

I am working with Paint-Net 3.5.8 and have a problem:

I want to open two pictures and like to copy one detail of picture 1 into picture 2.

Sounds easy but isn't, probably because layers in involved ?

Anyway, will somebody be so kind as show me step by step how to work it out ?

select whatever it is you want to copy with whatever selection tool you prefer, hit Ctrl-c, then go to the pic you want to paste to, open a new layer, hit Ctrl-v, it will paste with the move selected pixel tool activated, grab and move to where you want it, or use the nubs/handles to manipulate it, save to your choice of file type(flattening may be needed, but that will be taken care of in the save dialog

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

you just need to paste the object in as a new layer Ctrl+Shift+V instead of the standard paste

and when its in place, can use Layer tools to change some of the object properties or press Ctrl+M to flatten it

Edited by johoe

• 6 years later...

I am really lost. I successfully copied and pasted a logo into my new drawing. But it placed it top left. I need it top right. I am unable to move it from where the software chose to place it to where I need it to be. Err... what's up with this?

Hey Weby - welcome to the forum :)

If you used Ctrl + Shift + V to paste the image, it went into a brand new layer. Check that this new layer has the highlight in the Layers window.

If the layer is highlighted, press the M key once to select the Move tool :MoveTool: (or activate it in the Tools window).

Now you should be able to click and drag the image to a new location.

This thread is some years old, so I'm going to lock it. If you have further problems, please start a new thread. Good luck!

• Ego Eram Reputo locked this topic