How to Uninstall Plugins

burchis

Recently I jumped the gun and installed a plugin that included many Adjustments and Effects. Undoubtedly this plugin will be useful in the future but being a new user I want to first get acquainted with just the stock Adjustments and Effects that came with paint.net.

So having said all that, how do I uninstall a plugin?

Go to your effects/filetypes folder (here's how to find it) and delete any you don't need. Be sure to leave any common DLLs (e.g. SBCommon.dll, Pyrochild.effects.required.dll) behind unless you're removing all of an author's plugins.

KaHuc.png

The plugin pack that I am wishing to remove is "Effects-MegaloPack.Paint.net.v19". This pack didn't appear to have created an uninstall file during installation. There are many files in the Effects folder, some DLL's, '1 File', and Text Files.

I am considering just removing Paint.net and deleting all associated folders and then install a fresh copy of Paint.

Thanks for the help.

Yep, I had a stack of plugins that I decided that I never use. I moved these to the recycle bin just in case I changed my mind. In some cases I did.

If you still have the .zip file, you could check what is in there & just delete those. It should send it to the recycle bin, so that you can restore them if you need to.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

The plugin pack that I am wishing to remove is "Effects-MegaloPack.Paint.net.v19". This pack didn't appear to have created an uninstall file during installation. There are many files in the Effects folder, some DLL's, '1 File', and Text Files.

I am considering just removing Paint.net and deleting all associated folders and then install a fresh copy of Paint.

Thanks for the help.

The Megalo pack is an illegal theft of many plugins on this site. I definitely recommend removing it.

However, you don't need to uninstall Paint.NET. Just go delete all the files from these 2 folders:

C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\

C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes\

Assuming you installed Paint.NET in the default location.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

The plugin pack that I am wishing to remove is __________

We've had problems with users installing that pack for ever. You're doing the right thing by removing it completely and starting over.

The only safe place to download plugins is from this forum.