Colors are washed out after saving

I've tried using every format in the book, from PNG to JPG(ugh). No matter how I save it, the colors goes from looking great in Paint.net to much less vibrant and bland when uploaded to the internet. Here's an example. The image at the bottom was taken from Reddit and resized and reuploaded to imgur as a PNG. The resulting image is shown at the top left. (The image to the top right is unrelated).

I used the search feature here, and checked the 'common problems and solutions thread' and was unable to find anything. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

So you're saying that what you see in pdn is different than what you are seeing on the internet?

It could be your computers display. Or maybe the settings are a bit out of wack on your internet browser. Try viewing the images through a browser you haven't already seen them through. Or try with a different computer than yours.

The save PNG dialog has a number of settings. These will affect the quality of the image (depending on the actual image).

What bit depth did you save the image as? Have you tried saving the file with a higher bit depth?

Are you optimizing the PNG file with OptiPng?

Where are you uploading the image to?

The save PNG dialog has a number of settings. These will affect the quality of the image (depending on the actual image).

What bit depth did you save the image as? Have you tried saving the file with a higher bit depth?

Are you optimizing the PNG file with OptiPng?

Where are you uploading the image to?

I guess I was using "auto" with the bit depth. Is the max I can use 32? I have not heard of OptiPng, is it worth it?

Also, it seems to have the problem with more than a few websites (imgur, deviantart, facebook).

Using "auto" won't be the issue. It won't choose a bit-depth that would result in any fidelity loss.

You may have an errant color profile installed. I've seen this happen with certain Samsungs.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg