A simple heart shape

ventor1

LOCKED for missing images.  If you are the owner of this tutorial and can reupload the images, let a moderator know and we will unlock it for you.  Thank you!

I have been asked a number of times if there is a quick easy way to make a heart shape with PDN. The answer is yes!

Polar Transformation Plugin by Madjik

Default 800 x 600 canvas.

1. On a new layer draw two diagonal lines

heart001.png

2. Effects -> Distort -> Polar Transformation & select “transform rectangular to polar”.

heart002.png

3. Select “Magic Wand”, set tolerance to “0” and select the inside of the heart shape.

4. Add a new layer and fill the inside of the selected heart shape with whatever color you like using the “paint bucket”, and turn off the layer with the lines on it.

heart003.png

Done!

Edited by david.atwell
locked for missing images
naturesig.png

Easy enough. That's a wicked cute heart. Or you could always use the Random Fill Shape Plugin (hearts one), but then again, the hearts wouldn't be as cartoony as your's.

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

2. Effects -> Distort -> Polar Transformation & select “transform rectangular to polar”.

That's a plugin.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

That's a plugin.

Pyro, you (or at least I) begin to forget what is and what is not a plugin after a while... Link added!

And yes Helen, very cute and simple... which I guess is why I threw it into the newbie tut. section.

naturesig.png

Few more ideas to obtain other heart shapes:

is a character in many fonts, so you could also use only the text tool...

J is in some fonts half of heart, you need to rotate it and mirror it to build a heart shape as well...

Starting with the image with 2 diagonal lines, the shape3d secret #1 give similar results http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?showtopic=21329

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

LOCKED for missing images.  If you are the owner of this tutorial and can reupload the images, let a moderator know and we will unlock it for you.  Thank you!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.