import/open High-Res PDF files

For production artwork, I need to create a High-Res PDF file.

I know I could use a PDF printer to create the .pdf file. The problem I'm having, is that they provided me with a template, which also is a .PDF file.

I need to import this template into paint.net so I can paint over it. Is there a way to open .PDF files and maintain their dimensions (>300 DPI)

Any help is really appreciated.

They mentioned: Certified High Resolution PDF files with norm PDF/x-1a:2001

Edited by LPChip

For production artwork, I need to create a High-Res PDF file.

They mentioned: Certified High Resolution PDF files with norm PDF/x-1a:2001

Just in the case you do not know. In general PDF is a container of pages for postscript code. Postscript is vector based. So a PDF file has no resolution. It must be rendered with a certain dpi setting to the output device (i.e. screen or printer).

I do not know if there is a PDN plugin to load pdf or postscript files. But if this is the case then the plugin has to convert the vector data to pixel data. Typically your doing this with ghostscript, which could be called from a pdn plugin to do the job.

A pdf writer plugin for pdn has to embed the pixel data of the image to the vector data of a pdf. So you have to provide enough pixels to get a good result ;-)

If people are interested and there is no such plugin then I may write one. But this may be too late for you ;-)

midoras signature.gif

Thanks for the reply both of you.

Since the PDF format is vector based, I will try photoshop for this one. Loading and saving to it are both important, and I can't guess to see if its right. I need to be certain.

Thanks for the reply both of you.

Since the PDF format is vector based, I will try photoshop for this one. Loading and saving to it are both important, and I can't guess to see if its right. I need to be certain.

If you have to provide PDF/x-1a:2001 then remember to work in CMYK color space. Because there is no lossless conversion CMYK-sRGB-CMYK.

midoras signature.gif