How to Install Plugins ×

Object Reflections Plugin - Wet Floor Effect

BoltBait

MadJik, could you grab the render function out of my original post on this thread and recompile? There was a bug in it that I fixed tonight.

The zip file is updated...

Awesome! It works perfectly now.

I'm going to add a link to your DLL in my original post.

Thanks for putting a UI on this!

I'm glad of that !

But still some probelm to understand how it works (even if it really does). For example if I set the slider default value greater then 100 it makes PDN crash. I don't know (understand) why! That's it.

It's a way to say my DLL(s) are available as they are and I'm not responsable for any prob... etc... etc...

BTW, any advise (answer, or solution) is welcome... if it's help me to provide more efficient DLL!

O.K., this looks like a really cool plugin, but I cannot get this to work in Paint.Net. I have installed several other plugins, so I know what I'm doing, but I can't find this feature anywhere in Paint.Net after installation? Could someone please direct me to the appropriate area? Thanks,

M_Lyons4_Signature.jpg

My First Signature...

O.K., this looks like a really cool plugin, but I cannot get this to work in Paint.Net. I have installed several other plugins, so I know what I'm doing, but I can't find this feature anywhere in Paint.Net after installation? Could someone please direct me to the appropriate area? Thanks,

Did you put the ZIP file or the DLL file in your Paint.NET/effects folder?

(It needs to be the DLL file)

Make sure you are using the correct version of Paint.NET.

If Paint.NET cannot load the DLL, it will not place it in the Effects menu. This often happens if you compile for 3.0 and then try to install the plugin on 2.72.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

OK, I think I found the problem...

Run explorer and go find the DLL in the effects folder.

Right-click on the ReflectionFlat.dll and click "Properties" from the context menu.

Click the "Unblock" button.

This DLL is probably being blocked because it was downloaded from a web site. You may want to check your other DLL's also.

BTW, this DLL works fine with 2.72 or 3.0 Beta.

I believe that checkbox only affects opening the file interactively via Explorer. It shouldn't block programmatic access via the CreateFile() method that programs use.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Well, I downloaded Paint.NET 2.72 to a new machine and installed it. Then downloaded the DLL and ran Paint.NET. It did not load the effect.

I clicked the "Unblock" button and ran Paint.NET again. This time the effect loaded just fine.

If it was something else, I'm not sure.

If you could programatically detect that and give the user a clue as to what's wrong, that would be awesome. But, I'm not holding my breath. ;)

This is a higly useful effect especially for font and special images

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

I've got it to work well. Thanks for the information i couldnt figure it out at first. also, do you plan to make it kind of gradient fade a little more that is an interesting thing

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

I've got it to work well. Thanks for the information i couldnt figure it out at first.

No problem, glad I could help!

also, do you plan to make it kind of gradient fade a little more that is an interesting thing

I'm not sure what you are asking here... :?

BoltBait

Speaking of gradients, do you think you and/or Illnab can come up with a plugin that combines SI's Transparent Fade script with the flexibility the "nubs" give when using PdN's gradient tool?

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

Speaking of gradients, do you think you and/or Illnab can come up with a plugin that combines SI's Transparent Fade script with the flexibility the "nubs" give when using PdN's gradient tool?

The 3.0 Gradiant tool can already do transparent fades using nubs.

Oh, and you can't do "nubs" with effects, sorry.

The Gradient tool makes transparent fades by adjusting the alpha values, This I know. One thing though, Either your primary or secondary color will be added to the image. I do not want to add ANY color. What I want is SI's Transparent Fade with nub control.

Oh, and you can't do "nubs" with effects, sorry.

:(

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

- DO NOT contact me asking for the .pdn of my avatar or the PDN logo. Thank you. Have a nice day.

The Gradient tool makes transparent fades by adjusting the alpha values, This I know. One thing though, Either your primary or secondary color will be added to the image. I do not want to add ANY color. What I want is SI's Transparent Fade with nub control.

Not true.

It may be a little strange when you first try it, but this is what you need to do:

1) Select the normal Black and White in the color docker. The colors don't matter as long as both alphas should are set to 255 (not transparent).

2) Click Gradient tool. Select Transparency Mode in the toolbar and you should be all set.

3) Draw a gradient on your top layer. Your bottom layer should show through... Notice that no color was added to your picture.

Thanks BoltBait!

It appears I need to spend a little more time exploring what all 3.0 has to offer. :wink:

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, when is this thread going to be Sticky'd?

BK_BloodSaw_sig.png