Merge two colors

Jeyekomon

First of all, my english is bad, so I'm not even sure, if it's called "merging" or you would name it other way.

I'd like to get this basic effect:

• 2me3ltz.jpg

• (click for larger view)

The effect, when the picture is so smoothly changing into the blue color.

I guess, that this is probably made of two layers, one with the picture and the second one with blue-and-white background, plus used some Multiply on it, but the main point is still, how to change (now the white color) smoothly into the blue one.

Edit: Huh, now I reminded of some Gradient tool I tried a few times to use and that solves the previous problem pretty much. But it can be used just to merge two colors. I would rather find some technique or tool, which could be used to merge two pictures - I mean, when I have for example two pictures lying nearby without any change, then I'd like to make the edge, which they touch each other by, smooth.

This is one I made some years ago:

• j5ysnt.jpg

• (click for larger view)

I stressed the edge line between the two pictures here in preview.

I was doing this picture just for fun (I hope you see, that in the lower part there is a sea, but in the upper part there is a river :) ). I tried several color and brightness enhancements to make them similar, but the edge between those two pictures is still easily recognizable.. :/

I hope you roughly understand, what I'm looking for.

Thank you for any advice.

Edited by Jeyekomon

it would be fairly easy- put the picture on one layer, add another layer, fill it with the blue and use the gradient tool on transparency mode

i know there is a tut on it.. ill go find it and put in a link

in your pic set -- the girl would be in the upper layer and the buildings on the base layer-- if you would provide both base pics it would be easier to show you using screenshots

ahh. here we are... http://forums.getpai...camaro-picture/

seems pyro answered a similar question recently here -

http://forums.getpai...l-transparency/

Edited by mountnman

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

Wow, that Camaro tutorial looks great, thank you!

I thought I know the Gradient tool, but now I see that there is still a lot to explore in that tool.. :) I haven't tried to use it on pictures or with transparency mode yet.

How it comes that mostly every "unsolvable" problem I have turns out to be some basic stuff in a while.. :D:/

Thanks.

PS.: I've spent some hour by training and.. Look at that river / sea picture now! Still a lot to improve, but looks a bit better, doesn't it? :)

sweet-- if i didnt know where the joint was i couldnt find it--

i wonder-- if you added a third pic-- just a bit of water with low waves and set it to overlay over the river water would it help it blend better?--- just thinking in type

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.