Skullbonz Art Gallery - May, 5th- Train Set and more

skullbonz

Thanks Ishi,I never played Halo, maybe I should.   :)

Thanks JulioCoolio, that one was an experiment. I have a few more ideas for future ones.  ;)

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Very nicely done Skullbonz. Lovely colour & texture too. The shape is way cool too. I'd think twice about keeping the maid on...bit slack. :D 

It lends a whole new dimension to the image. Nice work!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you Helen, I was just thinking about him today. Welshblue was a smart man who did things with plugins that no one would think of. Unfortunately his honesty and opinions got him in hot water sometimes because as we all know, people can't handle the truth these days,lol. I learned a great deal from him but not as much as I would have liked.    :(

The "meshy" part of the radio was easy to make. I used Red Ochre's MultiSpline plugin to make the mesh and added some color.  :)

I just added another one of a pair of heart pendants. I used Shape 3D to make the two halves of the shell out of a pattern of heart shapes I assembled. Then I attempted to make them into a heart shape but couldn't get it quite right, but not bad. While making the hearts inside I decided to have baby blue and pink. Kind of a couple steps up from my first Barbieq25 tutorial on jewels.   :)

• 2 weeks later...

Skullbonz....I just love the 'Heart Pendants'!  They remind me of filigree glass bottles and you could just 'pour' the heart essence out.

Very lovely work!    :)

Edited by lynxster4

Brilliant work! They remind me of harmony balls. I have one in the shape of an owl. The metalwork on these are just fabulous. The hearts inside just glow. You certainly have come a long way. :star:

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Sir Skullbonz!  "Heart Pendants" I just love stuff like this.  <3   Beautifully creative. Thank you so much.  :pizza:  :beer:​ 

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 3 weeks later...

First I apologize for not thanking you all sooner than this, I have been neglecting my duties in my old age.  Thank you very much for the comments, Lynxster4, barbieq25, Maximilian, Drydareelin and Seerose.   :D

This time I added two optical illusions.  In the first one you see a bunch of shapes that look like they are all crooked, or leaning. If you hold a ruler or straight edge up to them you will see they are perfectly straight and level.   ;)     In the second one the top half is a mirrored image of the bottom half. Although it appears the bottom is indented or like crevices and the top looks protruding or like mountains, they are both the same image, just flipped over.  Save a copy and when you view it, try flipping it over and you will see the same effect.   ;)

Edited by skullbonz
  • Upvote 1

Very cool Skully. I can almost straighten the first one looking at it. :D Optical illusions are so much fun. I don't know how you think of these things. Clever. 

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Wow! "  Optical illusions" That's insane,  :)  great image. Kind regards.  :beer:  :pizza: 

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 3 months later...

I haven't posted anything to my gallery for awhile so I missed your comments, sorry and thank you. 

I added a photo of my newest pastime and retirement hobby, my train set. I've been collecting HO train parts since I was 14 years old and always said I would build it when I retire. Here is one picture of where I started adding some scenery. I still have a long way to go.  Scroll through the photobucket album and you'll see the progress. 

I also added a few more space pictures I made.   :)

Edited by skullbonz

Skullbonz you have got some great pieces in your gallery! Great color combinations and unreal textures. I like your work with TR's Third Dimension!

Hi Skullbonz! 

As they have worked with the images is very smart.

They warmly congratulate on your new hobby, a lot of fun. wtrad5ak.gif

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Skullbonz, that will be one cool train layout!  Love the skull at the top of 'mountain'. My father had an HO layout that he hand-made; nowhere near the scope of yours, though. It brought him great joy.    :)

Really like 2nd space picture (with cityscape in the back). I hope that's the closest I get to hell!!     =O          :beer:  :pizza:

Thank you Disgruntled1, I'm addicted to that plugin.   :D

Thank you Red, I too love that smell.   :)

Thank you Seerose, I'm really enjoying it. 

Thank you Lynxter, did you ever take any pictures of your father's train set?  A friend suggested I put the skull on the mountain because of my online name. At first I didn't think it would fit in but after coating it with plaster and adding color it blended in. I now call it Mt. Skullmore    :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Skullbonz!  Better late than never.  I was rummaging thru some old photos and found this pic of one of my dad's train layouts.

I want to say this is mid 1990's....one of many layouts...they got smaller as he got older.  It's an old Polaroid and didn't have a date on it.

There's a small amusement park, village, oil tank, some construction going on, and the big tunnel is at the far end with elevated tracks and all.

Looks like he had more than one train running, too.   Ahhh.....brings back memories..... :)       I hope you enjoy the picture.

trainlayout.jpg

(Sorry, left the pic at full size because the quality is so poor.)

Edited by lynxster4
re-hosted image
  • Upvote 1