SAC Special Discussion Thread

Possum Roadkill

ALIEN AUTOPSIES!! Mwuhahahaha........,

I'll put it on the list for later if you promise to finish that "guts" plugin.

How about eclipse for the next theme?

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

New theme is up and running !

How does everyone feel about having a special comp to create new award badges for the SAC? Here is what I would like........

1. Awards for 1st 2nd and 3rd places. Blue, red, and green or gold, silver and bronze (or both).

2. Badges should be avatar sized so that they could be used on this forum (or other forums).

Or they could be sig sized as long as they comply with this site's size specs.

3. Badges would be Space themed with each badge being the same general theme, but each somewhat different and following the above color schemes.

4. For the comp to be started this week and ending sometime before the current SAC entry period ends so that the new badges can be awarded to the winners.

5. Someone to run this comp for me. Please? Really, please? Pretty please?

• 5 weeks later...

Seeing that nobody is interested in helping me out on this comp, I'll just do what I want. :P

Next round is getting posted right now !

im actually working on a submision for the SAC awards but its taking me way longer than i thought.. getting too involved in it

spacesig.png

SARCASM- Just one of the many services I offer free to the public.

im actually working on a submision for the SAC awards but its taking me way longer than i thought.. getting too involved in it

Great ! I'll take them ! Just don't forget to leave yourself time to work on an entry for this round of the SAC. :D

first, iv got to come up with a working idea... discarded several already. still iv got a while...been working on my understanding of the use of displacement... maybe a route..................

spacesig.png

• 4 weeks later...

Don't forget to let me know what you would like to see as the next theme. New theme ideas are always appreciated.

How about "Alien Wildlife"? Not a sentient alien, necessarily, but something that would correspond with our animals.

Or "Alien Flora/Fauna", which would include animals *and* plants?

Edited by Moninca

Have we done just asteroids/meteors/comets yet? That would include "shooting stars" and anything else related...

EDIT:Or you could do space debris...

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I think they did Comets, and something called "Left Behind", but I'm not sure if debris and asteroids fell into those categories.

SAC#1 - View from an Astriod - winner - AFG

SAC#2 - Spacecraft- winner - Welshblue

SAC#3 - Alien Life Forms - winner - Possum Roadkill

SAC#4 - Everything - winner - Possum Roadkill

SAC#5 - Ring Planets- winner - Yellowman

SAC#6 - Galaxy - winner - Yellowman

SAC#7 - Event Horizon/Blackholes - winner - LFC4Ever

SAC#8 - When Worlds Colide - winner - Possum Roadkill

SAC#9 - Text in Space - winner - Yellowman

SAC#10 - Comets - winner - Heat Stroke/Yellowman - tie

SAC#11 - Left Behind - winner - Heatstroke

SAC#12 - View from the Pilots Seat - winner - Heat Stroke/Madjik - tie

SAC#13 - Steam Punks Space - winner - BarbieQ25

SAC#14 - Eclipse - winner- Goonfella

SAC#15 - Anything Goes - winner - Possum Roadkill

left behind was anything the generated a feeling of being left behind in the vast reaches of space

spacesig.png

Ah, okay. I looked through all of the contests when I was making mine, just to be sure I didn't duplicate anyone, so that's where I got "Left Behind" from. I didn't read all of the themes and rules though, so that list is a great help. Much appreciated. ^_^

What about "Alien Seasons"? Like, if Neptune had a summer, what would it look like? Or create a fictiional planet's fall.

For that matter, what about "Create a Planet/Moon"? Look how many worlds Disney had to make up just for Treasure Planet, or George Lucas in the Star Wars books, or the Star Trek and Dune worlds. Maybe something like that?

Ah first one we did was related to asteroids. I guess that means my idea was a duplicate too xD

Just out of curiosity, but would a manipulation of a space scene be more appropriate for this contest or for image manipulation?

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

How about "Alien Wildlife"? Not a sentient alien, necessarily, but something that would correspond with our animals.

Or "Alien Flora/Fauna", which would include animals *and* plants?

"Alien Wildlife" Brilliant idea ! This would be a great photo-manip theme for the Space Art Comp. We could take photos of several animals and mix them together for a hybrid alien animal. "Alien Flora" would be a good theme for original artwork.

Have we done just asteroids/meteors/comets yet? That would include "shooting stars" and anything else related...

EDIT:Or you could do space debris...

We've done "asteroids/meteors/comets" which would include shooting stars (technically), but we could have a variation on that theme if you can flesh it out a little. Maybe another alien landscape kind of theme?

• 1 month later...

The SAC is going on a little hiatus for awhile. I know everyone is busy with summer/starting back to school/general life........ I'll bring it back when there seems to be more interest. Let me know if any of you are interested in staring this comp back up.

Thanks to everyone who entered all the comps so far ! Keep the theme ideas coming !

Aww, I'm going to miss it. It was really fun to create outer-worldy works. Can't wait for it to come back. :)

Thanks, I do too. I'm sure that once people get summer finished, it will be back before we all know it.