Animated GIF images.

Sir Patrick

Heya, I've been using Paint.NET for a while now, and usually when I open an animated GIF file, it lets me see all of the different layers of the animation. Recently, however, it has not let me, and is only showing me the top-most layer. Did paint.NET take off the Animation feature? Why won't it let me see all of the layers?

Paint.NET never had native animation capability. There are plugins that extract and save the layers, and it is possible that the plugin you used is not supported by the current version of Paint.NET. Try this plugin to see if it does what you want it to do.

sig_v3.png

Frames and layers are not the same thing, but there is a plugin that treats layers as frames. Paint.NET has never had this ability, so you were probably using a plugin without realizing it.

For this plugin you need to rename your .GIF image to .AGIF and then change it back before uploading it to a website or whatever you plan on doing with it.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Ooohh ... thanks for the help. Really appreciate it~

Edit: Okay, now I have a couple more problems; it isn't letting me save the file as a .agif, and I don't know how to add the Plug-In.

Edited by Sir Patrick

Ooohh ... thanks for the help. Really appreciate it~

Edit: Okay, now I have a couple more problems; it isn't letting me save the file as a .agif, and I don't know how to add the Plug-In.

For installing plugins see this link. When you have installed the plugin, I suspect then you will be able to save file as .agif

For installing plugins see this link. When you have installed the plugin, I suspect then you will be able to save file as .agif

Alright ... now, it is letting me select .agif and .apng as save types, but whenever I try to save it, it gives me THIS

Alright ... now, it is letting me select .agif and .apng as save types, but whenever I try to save it, it gives me THIS

I haven't used the plugin, but I suspect the Delay option can be specified to adjust the speed of the animation and the Repeat Value if the animation needs to loop (value of 0 = no loop).

Hope th at helps

That's a known issue. If you click OK the animation should still be saved.

KaHuc.png

Make sure you rename it to .agif or .apng before opening. If you want to see the animation, open it in Firefox (it should animate whether the extension is .gif/.png or .agif/.apng).

KaHuc.png

Make sure you rename it to .agif or .apng before opening. If you want to see the animation, open it in Firefox (it should animate whether the extension is .gif/.png or .agif/.apng).

PdN is opening the file, but when I open it, it doesn't show the frames as separate layers. It just shows one Layer "Background" the first frame in the animation.