How to Install Plugins ×

Liquify

pyrochild

Updated.

Zoom added.

Selection outline added.

Great work Pyro, yeah the zoom is missing, can't wait to have all those features in it.

One minor thing, when you open a small image the plugin doesn't center it correctly in the window, but when you minimize and re maximize it will shift to center, BTW this doesn't happen every time.

Fixed.

Don`t know if you already know about this Pyro but I`ll mention it anyway just in case. I used Liquify on one layer of an image , clicked OK and that was fine. But when I went to repeat the effect on a different layer by going to Effects>Repeat Liquify it crashed PDN and I got this message -

liquify.png

Just thought you would like to know. ;)

It`s just occurred to me - I forgot to look at the Error Details. Sorry.

Fixed.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Great plugin! I'm liking what you've done so far, but just out of curiosity, is there any way to get a preview with the other layers visible? I can't wait for everything on your list of future features to be released, but typically, I have multiple layers when I use this or smudge and it would help to see those layers...

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What does everyone think of having the window start out maximized? Do you prefer this behavior or that of Smudge (where the window is just big enough for the image)?

Adding on to this.

What do you think of having the window start at the same size and state as the Paint.NET window?

That is, if Paint.NET is maximized, Liquify will start maximized, and if Paint.NET is occupying the top-left corner of your screen, so too will Liquify.

Thoughts?

xZYt6wl.png

Not trying to be negative here, but can you or someone please post more samples of what exactly this plugin does before I consider installing it? I'm sure it's great, but the sample you provided in your first post doesn't really show much of what it does. Thanks ahead of time.

It does

, but without requiring you to spend ludicrous amounts of money.

Thanks for the Youtube sample Pyrochild. Hmmm...not really useful for the types of graphics I work with, but I'm sure it can be useful for others who wish to make funny edits to people' faces and other graphic projects and what not. Nice plugin though pyrochild, thanks for sharing it.

Update v1.2:

• Zoom tries to keep the same point centered under the mouse, instead of just moving to the top-left of the image
  • Change the background under the document by right-clicking your image
  • Change the color of the surrounding background by right-clicking that
  • The dialog will now start in the same size and location as the Paint.NET window
  • Donations are open again, via Flattr

xZYt6wl.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love this tool, but when I save it, I can't open it or view it after because of the format it's in. I would like to save it and be able to view and edit it, and I don't quite understand how the format it's in works. Could you please explain it.

I love this tool, but when I save it, I can't open it or view it after because of the format it's in. I would like to save it and be able to view and edit it, and I don't quite understand how the format it's in works. Could you please explain it.

Liquify only saves its "Mesh" for reusing or opening with Photoshop. It doesn't save the image. For what you're trying to do, just click OK in Liquify, then use Paint.NET to save your image.

xZYt6wl.png

• 3 months later...

Updated

To change the background color or use a picture, right-click on the image in Liquify.

To change the frame color, right-click on the frame.

Now has freeze and thaw tools to preserve the image where you don't want it being liquified.

xZYt6wl.png

• 1 month later...

Not trying to be negative here, but can you or someone please post more samples of what exactly this plugin does before I consider installing it? I'm sure it's great, but the sample you provided in your first post doesn't really show much of what it does. Thanks ahead of time.

Just a simple example using the "Push" feature in the plugin.

Before:

Smile.jpg

After:

SmileFangs.jpg

And yet another:

AliLandryVampiress.jpg

• 2 months later...