I am trying to convert a Photoshop Plugin to Paint.net

I'm trying to convert a plug-in to Paint.net but I have almost no knowledge of C++ or anything similar, all I know is basic Lua and Java. I am wondering three things, one how to view the code of the paint.net plug-in in plain English. two how to transfer that plug-in to paint.net language. finally three how to publish it to these forums.

First, you'll need to learn how to write plugins for Paint.NET:

Then, you'll need to find the source code to the Photoshop plugin.

Once you have that, you'll need to study it so that you completely understand the algorithm so that you can translate that plugin into C# for Paint.NET. This is probably no easy task as the Photoshop plugins are not written the same way as Paint.NET's plugins. That's not to say it will be impossible, I'm just saying that you have a long road ahead of you.

Once you get going, if you have trouble, post your code here and someone might be able to help you.

Good luck!

Here's a wonderful (downloadable PDF) introduction to C# http://www.robmiles.com/c-yellow-book/

At the same site you'll find an 'Orange book' on CSharp from Java - you might find that worth downloading & reading too.

First, you'll need to learn how to write plugins for Paint.NET:

• Basically, you'll need to download CodeLab from here:
http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/CodeLab/
You can install plugins according to these instructions: http://www.boltbait....lingEffects.asp
Then, you should learn how to write plugins by reading the tutorials starting here: http://www.boltbait....lp/tutorial.asp

Then, you'll need to find the source code to the Photoshop plugin.

Once you have that, you'll need to study it so that you completely understand the algorithm so that you can translate that plugin into C# for Paint.NET. This is probably no easy task as the Photoshop plugins are not written the same way as Paint.NET's plugins. That's not to say it will be impossible, I'm just saying that you have a long road ahead of you.

Once you get going, if you have trouble, post your code here and someone might be able to help you.

Good luck!

How would I go about finding the source code for the plug-in?

If you don't have access to the source code of the plugin you're trying to port, then you probably can't legally port it anyway.

Really? Then I might be out of luck, but since I have never tried this before how would I port the source code, if I have access? I have never tried to get the source code of something before.

Purchasing it does not give you the right to disassemble it and use the code. Fractalius is subject to copyright, so you're able to use it and THAT IS ALL. If you violate the copyright you're in serious trouble....,

If you want to recreate a fractalius type effect, there is a link to a mini tutorial in this thread: So called fractals.

Purchasing it does not give you the right to disassemble it and use the code. Fractalius is subject to copyright, so you're able to use it and THAT IS ALL. If you violate the copyright you're in serious trouble....,

If you want to recreate a fractalius type effect, there is a link to a mini tutorial in this thread: So called fractals.

Really? I had no idea, I thought it was pretty much you bought it and it was yours to do whatever you want with it. I guess I will give up on this project though...

Pretty much the same situation as buying a book. Doing so does not confer the right to rip sections out of the book for your own novel.