Paint.NET starting issue

HappyMax

Hi everybody,<br />I hope you can help me.<br /><br />Paint.NET Installation completes successfully, but when the program starts I always get this message:<br /><br />==========================================<br />Paint.NET has detected that some important installation files are missing. If you click the Repair button it will attempt to repair this and then continue loading.<br /><br />The missing files are: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.<br />==========================================<br /><br />And that's it. After the "Repair" the program won't start and the error stays. I've installed C++ in every way. .NET Framework in all versions but nothing changes.<br /><br />Does anyone have an idea?<br /><br />Kind Regards,<br /><br />HappyMax

Edited by HappyMax

@ csm725:

Thanks for your reply. I've forgotten a "t". Now it's alright.

I've tried all this stuff. I've installed (and deinstalled) the C++ redistr. and the .NET Framework but Paint.NET won't work. It's working fine on several customer PCs, but I can't get it running on mine. Any further idea of troubleshooting?

The system is a Windows 7 32-Bit system.

Kind Regards,

HappyMax

Sounds like this: Missing VC redist. In that case downloading the missing files solved the issue.

Also of interest: Filetype plugin not showing in opensave list.

@ Reputo:

I'm sorry, I don't get any "missing message". I've just cleaned the system from all Framework, C++ and Paint.NET and reinstalled C++ 2010, .NET 3.5 and Paint.NET but the error is still there! The "repair" is finishing without ANY errors, but the software won't start.

Kind Regards,

HappyMax

Hey Happymax,

Have you tried doing a malware scan? I know it sounds weird, but I have heard that it may work. Use your favourite tool, I usually use Malwarebytes Antimalware or combofix.

Otherwise try a clean boot using msconfig and disable all the start-up items and see if it works.

Uninstalling PDN and clearing the %temp%(start->run->%temp%) directory of pdn related items may work too.

Post your log files once you've installed it (from %temp% folder) PdnMsiInstall.log, PdnSetupNgenInstall.log, PdnSetupShim.log if it doesn't work.