How to Install Plugins ×

PdnFF (2020-11-14)

null54

I noticed an anomaly in the output of the Rotating Bands gradient equations I posted earlier. A small pixel shift between color channels.

The left image is a magnified PdnFF output and shows a one pixel offset of one of the color channels. Not a big deal on hi-res images, but more noticeable on lo-res stuff.

pdnpixelshift.th.png (click for larger image)

Also, it would be nice if the loaded .afs files would check the Slider Control check box if the value is non zero.

You might also take a look at the GUF (Gimp User Filter) format. It is similar to .ini syntax and stores all of the info needed to recreate a filter. Also GUF has a lot of filters already designed. More than 1500 that work with Filter Factory and could work with PdnFF!

Save then Load in txt format still doesn't work for me. No equations or slider values.

Since I was working on a similar project, I would be glad to test/verify any changes you make and to discuss ideas with you. You can contact me off-forum with e-mail at -- pleabo at comcast dot net. I like this plugin a lot boltbait.cool.png

PatrickL

pleabosig.png

I noticed an anomaly in the output of the Rotating Bands gradient equations I posted earlier. A small pixel shift between color channels.

The left image is a magnified PdnFF output and shows a one pixel offset of one of the color channels. Not a big deal on hi-res images, but more noticeable on lo-res stuff.

<image>

That seems to be a bug in the parser, although the same code runs perfectly on Gimp 1.2.5 which uses the same parser so I have no idea what is going on.

The values it takes in are correct but it outputs red where the result should be white.

Also, it would be nice if the loaded .afs files would check the Slider Control check box if the value is non zero.

You might also take a look at the GUF (Gimp User Filter) format. It is similar to .ini syntax and stores all of the info needed to recreate a filter. Also GUF has a lot of filters already designed. More than 1500 that work with Filter Factory and could work with PdnFF!

Save then Load in txt format still doesn't work for me. No equations or slider values.

The guf files seem to mostly be converted Filter Factory filters, and the filter source language used in the native guf filters is not backwards compatible with Filter Factory.

The afs files will now enable the slider if the slider value is greater than 0 and the save txt function has been fixed again (the filter source code was never being saved I don't know how I missed that). :roll:

File version updated to 1.0.3.1 ;)

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

Thanks for activating the Sliders on non-zero slider value.

.TXT is working nicely now.

On the pixel shift, it looks like the x value for the red channel is +1. It goes full off early and full on early. Or the GB channels are -1 boltbait.smile.png .

Regards, PatrickL

Edited by pleabo
pleabosig.png

On the pixel shift, it looks like the x value for the red channel is +1. It goes full off early and full on early. Or the GB channels are -1 boltbait.smile.png .

That bug was a channel processing order issue, I was processing the color channels in BGRA order instead of the RGBA order that The Gimp and Photoshop use.

File version updated to 1.0.3.2.

Edited by null54

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

The pixel shift is fixed nowboltbait.cool.png

I continue to be impressed with this integration of the GimpFF code with PDN. What a great way to get compatibliliy.

Some more comments:

The d dependent constant is PI radians off from GimpFF causing a few different outcomes importing 8bf filters.

rgbd.th.png(Click for larger image)

WBNI if when editing the equations, the up/down arrow keys would cycle through the 4 equation text boxes.

When getting to more complex equations, the processing becomes larger multiple seconds and starts to feel sluggish when revising the equations, or changing slider values. WBNI changes could be locally in the dialog window on a smaller copy of the underlying image, say 320 pixels wide and then processed (slower) on the fullsize PDN image on OK click.

This scaling smaller can be done just by scaling x,y,X,Y,m,M to the image ratio to get the same looking results.

PatrickL

pleabosig.png

I continue to be impressed with this integration of the GimpFF code with PDN. What a great way to get compatibliliy.

It was easier to reuse the Gimp code than to try and figure out how to write a managed parser.

The d dependent constant is PI radians off from GimpFF causing a few different outcomes importing 8bf filters.

What filters does this affect?

WBNI if when editing the equations, the up/down arrow keys would cycle through the 4 equation text boxes.

When getting to more complex equations, the processing becomes larger multiple seconds and starts to feel sluggish when revising the equations, or changing slider values. WBNI changes could be locally in the dialog window on a smaller copy of the underlying image, say 320 pixels wide and then processed (slower) on the fullsize PDN image on OK click.

This scaling smaller can be done just by scaling x,y,X,Y,m,M to the image ratio to get the same looking results.

The arrow keys feature should not be too difficult to implement.

As for the preview window, this will probably not be implemented.

PdnSig.png

What filters does this affect?

Thought you might be interested. Polar checkered tiling by Werner D Streidt is one example

The arrow keys feature should not be too difficult to implement.

TIA if you do.

OK, OK, I'll leave you alone, PatrickL

pleabosig.png

The arrow keys feature has been added.

As for the PI radians bug the PI values seem to be the same in both versions so the problem must be something else. :/

PdnSig.png

• 1 month later...

That bug and a few more bugs in the loading of afs files have been fixed.

File version updated to 1.0.3.4. ;)

PdnSig.png

• 1 month later...

In the Red, Green, Blue and Alpha text boxes, the left and right cursor keys are not operational making it somewhat difficult to edit the equations.

pleabosig.png

• 6 months later...

A Unused variable error in the Build Filter function and a few other bugs fixed.

File version updated to 1.0.3.6.

PdnSig.png

• 2 years later...

Place all 3 dlls in the Effects folder.

I'm following your suggestion and I got errors when running the plugin.

Here are something that can explain what had happened :

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\PdnFF.dll
      Effect Name: PdnFF.PdnFF_Effect
      Full error message: System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'ffparse_x86.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
   at PdnFF.ffparse.ffeval32.SetupBitmap(IntPtr pixelData, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 stride, Int32 pixelSize)
   at PdnFF.ffparse.SetupBitmap(IntPtr pixelData, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 stride)
   at PdnFF.FilterEnviromentData.ResetEnviroment()
   at PdnFF.PdnFF_Effect.SetupFilterEnviromentData()
   at PdnFF.PdnFF_Effect.CreateConfigDialog()
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 910

ba2ec8c.png

The plugin cannot find the supporting file. Are you positive you copied all three to the same location?

Added support for using multi-threaded rendering.
Fixed a layout issue in the effect dialog used by the built filters.
Added support for Paint.NET's 'Dark' theme.

File version updated to 1.0.4.0.

Additionally the source code for the plug-in and Filter Factory interpreter (ffparse) is now on GitHub.

https://github.com/0xC0000054/pdn-filter-factory

https://github.com/0xC0000054/pdn-filter-factory-interpreter

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

• 1 month later...

Hi @null54    I've been playing around with this plugin and downloaded quite a few filters from your link in post#1.

A vast majority of them work and apply the effect to your image.  I can save them as a .afs file or a .txt file.  Great!

But on all filters that I tried, the 'build' button doesn't work.  I'm getting this error message on all of them:

error_pdnff.png

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the directions seemed simple enough.  Do you have any idea?   Thanks!   ☺️

12 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Do you have any idea?

That error should be fixed in 1.0.5.0

12 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

A vast majority of them work and apply the effect to your image.

As noted in the first post, any Filter Factory filters that do not work with this plugin can be run with PSFilterPdn.

The only issue is that PSFilterPdn will re-show the dialog when a Filter Factory-based filter is run as a repeat effect.

PdnSig.png

14 minutes ago, null54 said:

That error should be fixed in 1.0.5.0

Thank you!  I'll be looking forward to that.  ?

• 1 year later...
  • null54 changed the title to PdnFF (2020-11-14)
8 hours ago, ReMake said:

When I try to build a filter I get this message:

Fixed in version 1.0.5.1.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png