Paint.NET is getting noticed!

barkbark00

I'm not really sure what they mean by that. It's about the same age as Firefox ...

I'm assuming they mean "lacks some of the more recent features of Photoshop."

KaHuc.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I subscribe to the magazine Smart Computing. A nd they send out an email full of interesting little tid bits of info. And Sat April 16 2011 they sent out the following :Tip:

Paint.net

If you’ve ever wanted more options out of your graphics program than, say, Microsoft Paint has to offer, look no further than Paint.net. It’s a powerful bit of freeware that has too many features to mention, but rest assured it can open a variety of graphics formats. Then you can do any number things—add effects, crop, add text, and more—that you would want to do with your graphics.

Soupfiction-sig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Someone named Eulogy-Dignity posted a Paint.NET: Interactive Guide on deviantART.com, and today it received a Daily Deviation! There are currently 5000+ views just from today alone with more sure to pour in. The guide also contains links back to the Official Paint.NET Forums, the Paint.NET Website and the Paint.NET Help File.

Someone named Eulogy-Dignity posted a Paint.NET: Interactive Guide on deviantART.com, and today it received a Daily Deviation! There are currently 5000+ views just from today alone with more sure to pour in. The guide also contains links back to the Official Paint.NET Forums, the Paint.NET Website and the Paint.NET Help File.

Around here, Eulogy-Dignity is known as Wither and the tutorial is pinned in Newbie Playground:

Sadly, Wither hasn't been on the forum in almost 3 years.

Glad to see this get some recognition, even after all this time.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Wither has withered? That is sad..., :(

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Smashwords style guide ( http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/52 ) mentions paint.net at least three times as suitable to create ebook covers.

Also found in the same vein: http://lounge.laurakennedylive.com/blog/tool-box/covers/

• 2 weeks later...

Webuser magazine #277 - 20 Oct 2011

Article - "Hack your free software" (By adding plugins, don't stress :) ), "Photo" section

Part 1 - "Blur pictures faster in Paint.NET", by using the Hardware Accelerated Blur Pack

Part 2 - "Download plug-in packs for Paint.NET", intructions on where to find them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Logged on to a campus computer, and sure enough, even though every one of them on campus have the full Adobe suite, PDN 3.5x was included as well!

Booyah

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

http://northbridgecs.com/blog/photo-retouching-with-paint-net

My school removed paint.net from their computers and replaced it with Adobe Photoshop cs5 :cry:

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Bought the latest issue of Webuser (no.284) and there is a two page spread about Paint.Net`s plugins.

Always nice to see PDN in print. ;)

Can you transcribe the article (or scan it) and post? At a minimum, can you list the plugins discussed?

OK I`ve scanned them and uploaded them. The eagle eyed among you will notice that they made a mistake on part2 . They have put Drop Shadow in the wrong place ( Effects>Stylize>Drop Shadow) when we all know the real place for that plug in is Effects>Object>Drop Shadow. I have informed them of their mistake on their Forum. Hopefully in the next edition they might set the record straight.

Anyway here is the article for you to read. Enjoy.

(if the images are too big I`ll repost them as thumbs.) -

webuserpdnp1001.jpg

webuserpdnp2001.jpg

• Upvote 3

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Thanks for posting those scans!

The eagle eyed among you will notice that they made a mistake on part2 . They have put Drop Shadow in the wrong place ( Effects>Stylize>Drop Shadow) when we all know....

Really? I'm not at my personal computer at the moment (only have access to a barebones PDN installation) but I'm sure I find Drop Shadow under Stylize boltbait.hmm.png Am I lagging behind in my plugin pack versions?

Some one is about to get spanked for posting oversized images. I am glad that it isn't me this time!

We asked Goonfella to post scans. He did offer to repost as thumbnails - so he was aware of the size problem. I think we've got this one covered boltbait.wink.png

Yes EER Drop Shadow is in the Stylize Section not the Object section.

Thats cool. I thought I was losing it.... boltbait.big_smile.png