Paint.NET is getting noticed!

• 2 weeks later...

^^^ bloody potato article. This person has no idea what he/she is writing about. "... Pain.net ..."?

To top it all off, this is an article on a website about "PC News Around The World!"! (the exclamation mark within the codes is the website’s. The one out of the quotes is mine)

Edited by Djisves

Xkds4Lh.png

Probably my www.bouwplaat.JOUWWEB.NL site (under construction) may be a piece of PR since I try to use PAINT.NET

as carton modeling construction software being a substitute for these few mighty expensive vectoring packages.

But first I'll need to get acquainted with PAINT.NET's coördinate system, mirroring, resizing, scaling, curve-measurement a.s.o.

I have allready a new Excel-problem (distance measurerment) hanging. Will put it elsewhere in this forum.

As soon as the webpage is functioning I'll let you know.

C.U.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm new to the forum, but have been watching (hoping) paint.net for years now. Not until it has a polygonal - point to point selection tool, will paint.net be taken seriously. I've waited years for this and hoped. The other free popular editor also does not have this tool, thereby limiting it's appeal.

Every single person I've exposed it to (several) has thought the programs is fantastic. But when they found out that tool was not available, everyone basically said, "what th'? Don't they know that that tool has to be there?" I answer, "I don't know why they don't have it."

I predict that without that tool, paint.net will never be as popular as it could be.

I do not in any way mean to upset anyone, because I'm sure this has been said till everyone is nauseated by it. This being the probable case, why hasn't anyone taken action on the item? This is a program I would even donate to, because it deserves it. I just hope that someday that tool gets into the program before most graphics people simply move on.

If I were a graphics programmer, which I'm far from, I might be able to help.

Thank you for listening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This article, from almost 6 years ago, just showed up in my Google alerts. Weird.

http://lifehacker.com/#!039717/download-of-the-day--paintnet

And this one... The chart makes no sense. Apparently Paint.NET is not for photo editing, doesn't support PSD or TIFF (but does support HD Photo and RAW), does support CMYK, has no tutorials or manual, and works on Linux. So why am I posting it in this thread? Because it made me laugh.

http://photo-graphics-software.findthebest.com/compare/7-9/GIMP-vs-Paint-NET

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm more surprised by:

Paint.NET supports commonly used image editing features such as layers, transparencies, pinpoint color selection, and even vector drawings.

Emphasis added

I'm fairly certain Paint.NET doesn't do vector. I don't think I was away from the forum that long... ;)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype