Paint.NET is getting noticed!

barkbark00

• 2 weeks later...

You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 1 month later...

The creator of minecraft (a browser sandbox game), Notch, uses Paint.NET to create the art for his games. He recently used it to make Metagun, his entry to Ludum Dare 18

• 1 month later...

We should get everyone on this forum to put a comment on that forum saying how awesome PDN actually is. And I don't actually see more than 3 ads and I don't see any big download buttons or carp that the PDN home page was accused of. Strange...

• 2 weeks later...

PCWorld, http://www.pcworld.c...nloads/file/fid,64533/description.html

Forgive me if this has already been posted but I love the "editorial review".

When I need drawing tools and other advanced capabilities, nothing beats Paint.NET.Don't let the Web-oriented name fool you: this is a powerful image-editing program, one stuffed with Photoshop-quality features like layers, special effects, and plug-ins. The just-released 3.5 version of Paint.NET adds an updated user interface, new effects, improved startup performance, and a long list of tweaks and fixes. Best of all, it's absolutely free.

I'm perpetually amazed that you can get software this powerful that doesn't cost a dime. Consequently, I think using Paint.NET is a no-brainer for any user looking to edit, enhance, and otherwise modify images without spending crazy bucks on Photoshop. Bottom line: If you want to edit images, get Paint.NET.

EDIT: Oh kittens, I suspect usedHONDA has already posted this. I saw his name in the reviews list.

Edited by Musiphonix

• 2 weeks later...

Is this old news? or have I discovered something?

It seems that Notch, the man behind the massive new sandbox game Minecraft, uses Paint.NET in the design of the game. It's cool that he would use Paint.NET over other programs, i.e. Photoshop, for this sort of stuff. Just shows how good Paint.NET really is.

Keep up the good work guys.

tumblr_lr1sbohvzl1qbh4zh.png

Blog                     Twitter                     My Gallery

Also, I've seen it in several of his livestreams (I always watch them whenever they're announced).

Could this not go in the "Paint.NET is getting notied" thread or whatever it was called, though? :/

I did exactly the same thing! Counter intuitive isn't it?

I didnt even think of this thread, woops :P

Oh well, it's great that a designer like him is using Paint.NET, could give you guys some well deserved recognition.

tumblr_lr1sbohvzl1qbh4zh.png

Blog                     Twitter                     My Gallery