WOTW # 28 Discussion Thread

Possum Roadkill

WOTW-1.png

WOTW # 28 Theme is New Paint Job

WOTW Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not look at it.

Please try to make your image in the proportion of a Wallpaper, because this is a Wallpaper comp. (Duh!)

NO PLACEHOLDERS Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS !

Obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be

created in Paint.net.

Special rule # 5. Do not anger the Possum.

WOTW # 25 – New Paint Job

Theme Rules. Please read this !

Theme is " New Paint Job "

For some reason the only color of cars I bought this year were white.

They are a real pain to keep clean, so I want you to design

a new paint job for my fleet of cars.

The wining entry will receive a hardy handshake and a pat on the back.

You are to make a wallpaper that uses one of the stock images below.

You are to create a new “custom” paint job for my fleet of white cars.

You can add a little paint or you can go wild and completely repaint my cars.

You can also add other elements to the cars or place the car into a new scene.

You may use other stocks or renders in your additions to the car/overall image.

You may use elements created in another imaging program,

but the bulk of the image must be made in Paint.net

You must use one of these stock images as the basis of your entry.

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/Stocks/lorinser-ml-black-white.jpg http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/Stocks/WhiteBlacksmartcarlarge.jpg http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae223/DeadPossums/Stocks/Lamborghini-Indomable-Car-Modification-White-Paint.jpg

DO NOT Post your entries in this thread. PM your entries to me and I will post them as they come in.

Entry period for this competition will run through 8:00 p.m. Sunday evening (November 21, 2010), U.S. Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

All submissions entered up to this time will be allowed.

If you have any questions, post them in the Discussion Thread or PM Possum Roadkill. I would be happy to help anyone interested.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

OK I have to admit, making an epic wallpaper is more time consuming than I thought. I'm going to make this a two week comp, so the due date is the 21st instead of the 14th. Since there were no entries submitted yet, no harm, no foul. :D

Due to the extremely bad theme that I came up with, and that nobody has submitted an entry, the WOTW will be postponed until I come up with a better theme tomorrow.

Never fear, I won't let all my hard work on my epic wallpaper go to waste and vow to finish it some day, maybe. That is if anyone cares.....

which I doubt anyone does or should. Ok on to the holding pattern.....three, two, one, GO !

Possum, I found the theme rather difficult but I was working on something. Please do change the theme so that we get more entries. I'll still finish mine, like you.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I'm not sure you could fit in that Indomable. ;)

Great theme!

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

Possum, I found the theme rather difficult but I was working on something. Please do change the theme so that we get more entries. I'll still finish mine, like you.

Thanks ! I'll still finish mine. I have too much time involved (and have had so much fun) to just walk away from it now. I'll post it in the wallpaper gallery when I'm finished. Looking forward to seeing yours as well. I think you'll really like this new theme.

I'm not sure you could fit in that Indomable. ;)

Great theme!

Thanks my good friend ! I'm glad you like it. I can't wait to see what you will do with it. You really have a talent for image modification (and everything else you do). You might be surprised that I can fit into just about any car. I just need some modification so I can read the pedals. Possums aren't the tallest mammals around. :D

OK everyone! New theme has been installed ! I guess the for the last one, I bit off more than I could chew. If you could see my face, it sure is red (obviously underneath all the silver fur). Sorry for the big time blunder on my part. I think you all will enjoy this new theme. It's a photo manip and has cars. Really, really cool cars. Yes, these are my cars (and if you believe that, I have some swamp land in Mississippi I'd like to sell you). Since I am an international man of mystery and part time super spy, as well as a global business tycoon, these are my ever day fleet of cars, so have fun and feel free to be as extravagant on your paint job design as you like, I can afford it. Some day, I may show you all my really nice cars like my gold plated Bentley and platinum clad Mercedes SLR McLaren.

Possum

Some day, I may show you all my really nice cars like my gold plated Bentley ...

you might get another one of those, if a certain jewler around here has her way with it

redsig.png

WOTW # 28 Theme is New Paint Job

POLL IS UP ! VOTE FOR TOP THREE !

POLL CLOSES THURSDAY EVENING 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time

Can anyone guess who made each of the entires?

It's a pretty amazing bunch of cars.

Can anyone guess who made each of the entires? 

i'm guessing Heatstroke on entry #3, Barbieq on #5 (guess she didn't go for the bentley), and NOT you on #6(you're better than that, imo)

redsig.png

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I would like to change some things in the WOTW to keep it interesting.

Here are some of my thoughts...

1. One option would be to have the winner choose the theme ( cars, landscape, space, animals, etc.) and I would assign a style to that theme to make it more challenging. The styles would be selected from these categories; Abstract, Realism, Surreal, Typography, Still Life, Landscape, Pop Art, Folk Art, Photo Manipulation.

2. Another option would be that for two days I would accept themes by PM so the suggestions would be secret. Then the members could vote for the theme they think would be the most fun and challenging. The theme with the most votes would be chosen for the next round of the WOTW. The second, third and fouth entries would go back into the suggestion box for the next week's vote along with any new suggestions.

3. Another option would be to combine the WOTW with the Space Art Comp, Photo Manipulation Comp, and add a category or two and have a revolving theme/style comp and eliminate the other comps I run.

4. Or I could just leave things alone and keep things the same as they are.

Sooooooo............what are your thoughts on these ideas?

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I would like to change some things in the WOTW to keep it interesting.

Here are some of my thoughts...

1. One option would be to have the winner choose the theme ( cars, landscape, space, animals, etc.) and I would assign a style to that theme to make it more challenging. The styles would be selected from these categories; Abstract, Realism, Surreal, Typography, Still Life, Landscape, Pop Art, Folk Art, Photo Manipulation.

2. Another option would be that for two days I would accept themes by PM so the suggestions would be secret. Then the members could vote for the theme they think would be the most fun and challenging. The theme with the most votes would be chosen for the next round of the WOTW. The second, third and fouth entries would go back into the suggestion box for the next week's vote along with any new suggestions.

3. Another option would be to combine the WOTW with the Space Art Comp, Photo Manipulation Comp, and add a category or two and have a revolving theme/style comp and eliminate the other comps I run.

4. Or I could just leave things alone and keep things the same as they are.

Sooooooo............what are your thoughts on these ideas?

Options 1. & 2. sound like even more work.

I prefer Option 3. especially at this time of year when people are so busy which cancels out Option 4.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I agree with barbieq.

Congrats to all who entered!

We're all wise guys.

I would also like to have a comp to create the next set of awards for the WOTW, so be thinking about what kind of design you would make. It will need to be avatar or sig sized so people can use it on this forum. You will need to make awards for each of the 3 places, 1st blue, 2nd red, and 3rd green.

I'd like to do this comp in the same way the WOTW is done, with the PM entries. Let me know if you are interested, maybe we can have this comp this week.

Anyone else have an opinion on the proposed changes?

only if "no objections" counts as an opinion.

give it a shot, and lets see how it works...

redsig.png

Seeing as there are no objections, and that so far everyone seems to like option 3 (3. Another option would be to combine the WOTW with the Space Art Comp, Photo Manipulation Comp, and add a category or two and have a revolving theme/style comp and eliminate the other comps I run.) I think it's time to make the change. I'll get something put together soon.

As you might have noticed, I have put up the comp for the WOTW awards creation comp. I hope all of you will enter so we can have some great awards created to vote on and have the best awards ever !

Should the awards just be general awards, nothing specific? Because you are going to combine your competitions into one, would it be a bad thing to make, for example, awards with planets, or anything else that is specific to a certain competition?

We're all wise guys.

Should the awards just be general awards, nothing specific? Because you are going to combine your competitions into one, would it be a bad thing to make, for example, awards with planets, or anything else that is specific to a certain competition?

Thats a very good question that I have been mulling over. The problem is, I need a snack. Let me get something to bring my blood sugar back to an acceptable level and I'll fill you in on what I'm thinking.

Ha! OK. ;) You just made me hungry, I think I'll go get something to eat as well!

We're all wise guys.

OK, after a snack and watching Storm Chasers, here is what I think. I think we need a multi-purpose WOTW award. The Photo Manip awards were only awarded for three rounds, so I can use them a few more times. There is still one last round of the SAC to go, so those awards will be used one more time. I think an award that covers anything is going to be hard, so I think something like what Barbieq did for the AOTW would be good or something with text in a cool texture would also be cool. I don't want to limit people's imaginations, so I think the more open the comp is the better. So, clear as mud? :lol::D

B):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: