Forum needs 1 change (poll removed - EER)

Like the Poll Title said, I would like threads to be moved, except of being edited, or closed by admin.

I was so exited to give out some ideas on my previous post that I became confused and posted it on topic that I though that can take suggestions. I was fine if it was simply closed, but I boltbait.mad.png HATEDboltbait.mad.png that my thread got completly edited, in which I don't have a copy. It was said to post at the general topic as a warning, I could have deleted and edit my error myself, but... sorry to say this, use your HEADbubblerevolution.sadtard.png admin. pdn35icons.WarningIcon.pngWarning first, and we will edit, those that doesn't for a while (3 days minimum) now you can edit.

I love paint.net, and the many pluggins, but I wanted to post my ideas that took me an hour of trying to describe it.

HERE is a very short version of what I gave for ideas, most I forgot:

Font creator pluggin

Morphing

You'll never know what will happen...

When_Worlds_Collide_logo_by_thunder_of_light.jpg

Even though there are theories.

No useless polls, thank you.

I do not know why your previous post was nuked, but I assume there was a reason*. Normally we do move stuff that's posted in the wrong place.

*The reason may simply be that Rick was in a bad mood. It happens to everyone. Except Sarkut.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I've removed your poll as per Rule #21. Please READ the rules, they are not optional.

If you don't want your posts deleted or edited, adhere to the rules. Simple really.

I'm not squelching discussion on the subject(s) you've raised. You are free to discuss the editing/removal of posts, just not waste our time and your own with polls that go nowhere.

Please also note that polls are not binding referendum, and this forum is not a democracy.

If you don't want your posts deleted or edited, adhere to the rules. Simple really.

Partially true. I had one post removed twice, in spite of it not breaking any rule!

It was because, as Rick and Pyrochild told me, they did not want my post.

To summarize, it is sadly very true that this forum is not democratic, as it should be.

In my country, we fought for democracy and we won.

I suppose we should do the same here. We will probably win, if we are many of us, determined like you and me.

Partially true. I had one post removed twice, in spite of it not breaking any rule!

It was because, as Rick and Pyrochild told me, they did not want my post.

The rules are not necessarily all-inclusive. We have no rule against organizing the hijacking of a plane for a terrorist attack, but if someone made such a post, you can bet your < no swearing > it would be deleted.

Now I do not recall the exact details of the incident, and comparing your post to terrorism is definitely an overly strong analogy, but you get the point: we can remove any post we deem inappropriate, whether it's explicitly covered in the rules or not.

To summarize, it is sadly very true that this forum is not democratic, as it should be.

In my country, we fought for democracy and we won.

This forum is not your country. It's not even a country. It's not a place where people live and build a life for themselves, it's a place where people come to learn how to use Paint.NET and show off their work.

In my country, we have something called property rights. It doesn't matter how many people decide my house really needs to be pink, I have the right to put a hole in your brain if you try.

Speaking of democracy, I think you've mixed up the concept with just being butthurt. See, in democracy, you were outvoted. You decided your post needed to be there, Rick and I decided it didn't. Two versus one. But here you are, still whining about it like a child.

I suppose we should do the same here. We will probably win, if we are many of us, determined like you and me.

Lose your self-righteous sense of entitlement or go troll another forum, or 4chan. In fact, maybe they'll help you with your great "Paint.NET Forum Uprising." I hear Anonymous really likes being recruited as a personal army.

xZYt6wl.png

@pyrochild:

Well done. See, it is not too hard to spend 2 minutes to explain something. (your explanation is good)

1. The problem I was reffering to was in short this: I posted some advice about plugins in the plugin development forum, in a very decent language. That's all.

2. If the city decides (urbanism plans) that your house should be painted pink, some workers, guarded by the police will come and paint it pink.

3. I am not whining. I was not complaining to you. I was only telling the OP what an unfair world / forum / situation he (and I) is (are) into.

4. I am not a child. I am way older than you are.

5. I don't have any sense of entitlement other than what's in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

6. I never troll. Please do not insult me. I am feeling very bad when insulted like this and I may have a nervous break-down or something. I am quite fragile. (not joking)

7. I don't know what 4chan is.

8. I don't want to start an uprising. I preffer to peacefully and gracefully call for my rights, not do anything violent.

9. I don't know anything about that Anonymous stuff.

Sorry, for bothering you.

I really have to complain. Only an animal does not complain when it should.

I hope you understand my acute sense of justice.

hmm...looks like we're going off topic here after the OP has been answered. lock?

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

not arguing with you on that one. (pulls out note to self from previous situation: don't argue with the admin)

I do like the idea of having a warning before getting a topic deleted or edited. However, in some situations, it is necessary to remove things, then explaining. If an admin decides this is the case, I agree with pyro, the admin has every right to remove the thread. Then, when that is done, the admin can explain why the thread was removed to the creator of the thread. Seem simple enough as long as nobody starts arguing with EER, pyro, or Rick.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Removal of a thread is usually only done for serious rule breaches (spam or other grossness).

Locking is more common, and is usually to stop a line of discussion and/or point a user to the rules.

Editing of posts is to make the forum a nicer place for everyone. I often edit posts to correct broken links for example. Editing removes a bit that we're unhappy with, without shutting the entire thread. Case in point: the opening post in this thread: poll removed, the discussion goes on.

In all cases, experienced users get less tolerance than Newbs where the rules are concerned as they are expected to have READ the rules.

Warnings (and bannings) are another tool we use, but these tools are much less visible to the general userbase.

The Mods and Admins are individuals with different interpretations, standards and tolerences. Something that will bother Mod A may be accepted by Mod B. I'm more cranky when my caffeine levels are low boltbait.big_smile.png

You may argue with me at any time, so long as we have a discussion and not a free-for-all. I'm open to having my opinions challenged and opposed.

Pyrochilds moderating style is beyond reproach of course. Even I don't argue with him! boltbait.big_smile.png

Honestly, I believe the mod team assembled here is "top notch".

If you've spent any amount of time on other forums around the Internet, I'm sure you've seen the mess that is out there. We are mearly trying to keep the forum neat and orderly.

That said, if you have an issue with a specific mod, please don't hesitate to PM another mod about it. Just be sure to be respectful about it and you will be taken seriously.

On the subject of threads ... I noticed the Galleria has been unpinned. Does this mean it's going to be left to descend to the nether regions of the Pictorium ?

No, it has a subforum redirect now. See?

xZYt6wl.png