Select Colour Range

Hi guys,

I've been using Paint.net for editing my photos for a while now and must admit I am very pleased with the results.

I now want to try something a little different - a snowscape.  I need to select a range of colours but I can't figure out how to di it.  Does anyone know how I can do this?  I will be using this to select and darken the whole sky, but want to do it by colour range.

I watched a tutorial of how to do this in photoshop cs5 but I don't seem to be able to find a way of doing it in Paint.net.  If you know of a plugin that would allow me to do this I would be very grateful :)

Thank you.

Edited by Olleh

i use the magic wand tool :MagicWandTool: . try adjusting the tolerance to different levels to select more or less variants of the color you click on. you can also press ctrl while clicking and it adds to what is already selected. im pretty sure that is the best way to do it. if three are some areas that it doesnt work, you could use the lasso tool as well. as far as i know, something like this only came up once before:here

once you have what you want selected, im sure you know how to darken it. i hope this helps!

Edited by Heat Stroke

Wait! No matter where you go, there you are!

We're all wise guys.

i use the magic wand tool :MagicWandTool: .  try adjusting the tolerance to different levels to select more or less variants of the color you click on.  you can also press ctrl while clicking and it adds to what is already selected.  im pretty sure that is the best way to do it.  if three are some areas that it doesnt work, you could use the lasso tool as well.  as far as i know, something like this only came up once before:here

once you have what you want selected, im sure you know how to darken it.  i hope this helps!

Thanks for that mate - I'll give it a go :)