A plug-in request... If anyone has the time and the know how...

A plug-in request... If anyone has the time and the know how...

Something like this would make for a great paint.net plug-in:

http://www.zefrank.com/scribbler/

or this (an offshoot of ^):

http://www.zefrank.com/scribbler/scribblertoo/

I requested this a few years ago (link) and as far as I know nothing has been done so far...

I think it'd be a pretty awesome addition to an already great program.

Haha, I'm such a slacker.

Either that or really busy. :P

Like I said in that other thread, I'm not really expecting this plug-in to actually get made, but it would be pretty cool if it did.

Maybe it could be done in collaboration with one, or both, of the people who made those flash based ones??? Considering the copyright, some form of contact with the original creator would be necessary...

In fact... My guess is they've been contacted before about integration into other programs... But who knows, maybe the original creator would be up for the idea of a paint.net plug-in.

Edited by cybrpnk

Hm, I actually think the algorithm this is based on isn't too complicated.

Start with a simple 1px paintbrush.

When a pixel is drawn: check if there's other drawn pixels at a certain radius. If yes:

- an X percent chance of:

- - draw a line to a pixel within the radius, pixel to be choosen at random.

and that's that.

(I'm talking about the second link, not the first one)

ndeee2.png

Hm, I actually think the algorithm this is based on isn't too complicated...

I kind of think the two scribbler programs are almost too complicated. The first one seems to be based more on the process of watching a drawing unfold, and the second one almost has too many settings. All you would really need are brush thickness, and then the "scribbliness" setting of the first scribbler. Transparency and color could be chosen with the color picker.

In fact maybe the plug-in could just be somehow tied into the "Paintbrush" in paint.net, with a "scribbliness" setting for the effect. Because it's that effect that is the goal here. Besides, anything more complicated wouldn't seem to fit well with the ease and simplicity of paint.net.

Edited by cybrpnk