Hi,

As a newbie could someone help with this please?

I,m trying to place three different pictures of the same object side by side to form just one picture. I also need to see a scale on the final picture, so its important I get the size correct of all three pics.

Can some one help please? I,m sure its easy but i,m having trouble. I also need to take out any background from the pictures to leave just the object. What I,m trying to do is post on the Portable Antiquities Scheme web site, which is a place to record metal detecting finds and objects..Hence the need for one picture showing front, back ,and side of the same object...

Thanks in advance

p

I,m trying to place three different pictures of the same object side by side to form just one picture.

Look at the "layers" feature. You can create 3 layers in addition to the first layer which should be considered the background layer. Put one image in each layer. You can move each image independently by changing which layer you're working with in the layer's window. (You can hide or show layers with that window too. Useful when laying things out.).

I also need to see a scale on the final picture, so its important I get the size correct of all three pics.

You should post an example of the scale. But, that would just go in another layer, and positioned independently just like the 3 images.

I also need to take out any background from the pictures to leave just the object.

That was discussed recently here: