Is Superimposing Images Possbile WIth Paint.NET?

montecarlo1987

Hello.

I have a question for you. I am a newbie to this program. Can a user superimpose their images or another image? I did some preliminary searching and I didn't see any references to this.

For example, cut out or trace an image by cutting or moving and then pasting it on another image? I know the well known and the more expensive photo editing softwares, like Photoshop Elements has this option and even has an image extractor feature.

I know this program is free and I guess it may have an associative cost to have this more elaborate option included. ...BUT I may be wrong and it is there and I do not see it yet. I see you offer layers.

If so, please provide me with a tutorial or instruction as to the steps.

Enough of my talking, and let me hear from you.

Thanks!

Edited by montecarlo1987

It sure can be done.

Just cut out what you would like to be superimposed with either the lasso selection or magic wand tool. Then create a new layer with your new desired background, move it under your original photo and flatten.

You may need to use BoltBait's Feather plug-in (I think its BoltBait's, I'm not 100% certain) on your original image

tumblr_lr1sbohvzl1qbh4zh.png

Blog                     Twitter                     My Gallery