Beginner Image Merging (Image Heavy)

SH Art

As a complete newbie to PDN, I must thank you. The way you explain this tool makes it very simple and easy to understand. If the rest of the tutorials in this forum are likewise easy to understand and follow, I will soon move from complete to intermediate beginner! :roll:

Thanks!

I excuse for my bad english!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Right on SH Art! This is the exact effect I was using another program for but wanted to learn to do this with Paint.net and create a plug-in with other fading options. Thanks for the tutorial as it helps a lot! :D

RFX5A1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Open your first image, then to get your second image go to Layers > Import from file. That should do the trick.

Hi,

I have tried to get two Pictures into separate layers, but I don't find out of it. I tried your tip about open first image, then go to second image, Layers > import from file. When I do this I get to images on top of each other.

It is impossible to get separate layers.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

But...that is separate layers!

Think of layers as sheets of transparency...like the ones used for these things:

http://www.magic-mural-factory.com/Logos/Overhead%20demo/Overhead.jpg

Everything on the sheet, even the empty spots, is a part of the layer.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 3 months later...

Neither of the threads you posted that in are exactly the same as the video. I'm not sure why you would ask that question when all you have to do to answer it is read the thread...

With a small amount of tweaking, however, you can adjust the technique used in this thread to create essentially the same effect as shown in the video. Rather than using a linear gradient, change it to a radial gradient and right-click and drag as if using an eraser (you'll have to do this multiple times) in such a way that you erase the background of the image.

And yes, you can combine multiple pictures. Just add another layer and repeat the technique on the new layer.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Well that is why I asked the question! Because I'm new and I don't know and the above topics seemed like the same thing but I was unsure hence me asking.

Are you referring to the pics I posted.. If so 2 of them should be as I copied them from what I heard/followed from the video!! The other 2 I was just asking if they were the end professional product - like what mags use.

The video sounded and looked a lot EASIER than what you've just instructed lol!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's great ...but I don't think it quite deals with my question ... I want to put two pics side by side, then overlap the layers by about 15% of each other .... i.e. one picture mixes into the other, but only a couple of cms in from where their edges meet ... so9 that there is an overlap visual in the centre of the picture.

Am I being stupid?