Paint.NET on a Mac!

barkbark00

Hey Everyone!

I've been gone for what seems like ages. Along the way I started dabbling with making iPhone apps, an act which requires the use of a Mac. While there are decent graphics programs available for that platform, it seems I always come back to Paint.NET for any work I do. I recently released my first app to the wild and ALL of the icon and UI graphics were created using Paint.NET (via Parallels running Win7). Check it out when you get a chance!

mzl.aenxekoy.320x480-75.jpg

View in iTunes

*I know the app is kinda simple and some are saying it is a rip-off, but this post is focusing on the art. ;-)

Edited by barkbark00

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Developers keep 70% of the revenue. Apps for the iPhone can be written in C,C++, or (most often) Obj C. However, there are several tools that help devs bridge the gap between the required C based stuff and some other languages, even some web languages.

Nope. No working .NET on iPhone, or Mac for that matter...

Although, if you know C#, you'll probably have an easy time of picking up Obj C!

For my released app, I kinda cheated and used a program call GameSalad (Mac-only). It is more of a game creator than an IDE in that it doesn't require you to "code", but does use some scripting/expressions.

Apple ships its own IDE called xCode, which I have been slowly learning by reading a few different books. As far as online tutorials, I haven't done a whole lot of searching, so I'm guessing that Google could give you more than I could, which is nothing... ;-)

Also, there IS money in this! My start-up cost were about $1200, and I'm probably gonna clear that in my app's first week...

Unless you want to utilize iPhone framework stuff (UI libraries and such) you could code in straight C or C++, but you need a mac to debug or otherwise compile for on an iPhone. My costs included hardware ($999 MacBook) and developer licensing ($100 for Apple, $100 for GameSalad "indie/express").

Edited by barkbark00