AOTW # 8 Discussion Thread

Possum Roadkill

ATOWBanner6.png

Abstract of the Week Competition # 8

This is the first competition dedicated to Abstract Art created in Paint.Net.

Here are the rules....

Theme is Typography. Style is 3D.

You may choose any subject to use in your image.

You may use any font you wish, but all text must be in 3D.

Your image must have a background, 3D text, and conform to the theme of Typography.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typography

Your typography may be very simple and form a part of the overall image, or it may be very complex and be the focal point of the image. Use your imagination !

Minimum image size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum image size.

Stock images are allowed, but you are encouraged to create as much original artwork as possible. Your text may be made from stock images but still must be in a 3D style.

As always, link to all stock images.

Rules for submitting your entry. READ THIS !

Please post your images in this thread.

NO WIPS, NO PLACEHOLDERS !

No images previously submitted will be allowed.

This thread is for DISCUSSIONS only ! If you want to ENTER this comp, please go to the ENTRY thread HERE

The Entry period for this competition runs through Friday evening July 30th, 2010 at 9:00 p.m., Eastern Daylight Savings Time. All Entries submitted up to that time will be accepted.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the thumbnails don't expand when clicked.

None of them do. That's why it says on the 1st post that you can view the full size images below. I didn't want to take the time to save the images and then post them to my photobucket like I do in the other comps. Hey, it's Friday night and I have things to do ! This will be the last comp that the entrants post their own images. We will be going to blind entry for all comps after this week.

2 go to full sized when clicked. :P

I'm having trouble with getting any of the thumbnails to open. It must be my internet connection. I don't know why they didn't all work the same. I did the same thing on every one of them. OK I reposted all of them so they should all be OK now.