problem:When I open 'MainForm.cs',follows the error

lzswjtu

• 3 weeks later...
The Forms Designer in Visual Studio will not load most of our forms or controls because of the way we handle resource loading.

Are there any workarounds so that I can view the forms or controls in the form designer ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Go to LocalSettings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\ProjectAssemblies and look for the directory that contains this PaintDotNet.Resources.dll. Copy to that directory this file PaintDotNet.Strings.resources.

Hope it help.

PS: this is for WindowsXP with Visual Studio 2005

• 3 weeks later...
Go to LocalSettings\ApplicationData\Microsoft\VisualStudio\8.0\ProjectAssemblies and look for the directory that contains this PaintDotNet.Resources.dll. Copy to that directory this file PaintDotNet.Strings.resources.

Hope it help.

PS: this is for WindowsXP with Visual Studio 2005

Did this work for you? - It didn't fix the problem for me; I'm on WindowsXP with VS 2005

• 4 weeks later...

I have not found a way to get the PND 2.72 source code to display forms and usercontrols in the VS.NET 2005 design tab. After quite a bit of tinkering, I can only get the Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture error messages. I find it very unusual that all of the resx files in the paintdotnet project are zero-length, and I don't understand why VS.NET doesn't complain about these files being illegal.

I would like to understand more about the way resources are loaded in the paintdotnet project. I am hoping someone could give me an explanation of how this project's forms and usercontrols are edited using VS.NET or other programs.

Thanks.

We usually don't use the forms designer after the initial design and implementation of the dialog. The fact that they don't work in the designer is no surprise, and it is not a goal of ours to enable this.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg