AOTW #6 Discussion Thread

Possum Roadkill

ATOWBanner5.png

Abstract of the Week Competition # 6

THEME IS: "Layers" !

Make an abstract image of something that has layers (see description below for more details).

This is the first competition dedicated to Abstract Art created in Paint.Net.

Here are the rules....

Theme is " Layers ", make an image of something that is made up of layers of a substance or substances. An example would be the stratification of layers of soil or rock. Another example might be the layers of a …... use your imagination.

Look around you and you will see many things that are made up of layers. Do not confuse this to mean that you can make any kind of image in Paint.net and because your image has layers, that would be acceptable. It would not be.

Since it's abstract competition it should be an abstraction of a real object !

Stocks and renders are NOT allowed in this round, so please make your image completely in Paint.net.

All submissions must be entered as a thumbnail link to the full size image.

No images previously submitted will be allowed.

This thread is for Discussions only ! If you want to enter this comp, please go to the comp thread Here

The Entry period for this competition runs through Saturday evening July 3rd, 2010 at 7:00 p.m., Eastern Daylight Savings Time. All Entries submitted up to that time will be accepted.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Would using the trails plug in count as layers ?

That depends. You can use any plugin you wish as long as the object is made up of layers. Like I said in the rules, layers of soil, layers of rock, layers of a cake. If you use the trails plugin and it creates layers of something, then that would be acceptable. Look up the word stratification and see if that helps you understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, my internet went down yesterday and did not come back on until about an hour ago. Poll is now up, go vote !

POLL CLOSES FRIDAY 7:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time

Edited by Possum Roadkill

Wow escapist angel, could i ask how you made yours?

It looks very good!

I agree, that is very cool looking. I can see that you used the trails plugin, but was wondering how you created the original pattern.

Just a reminder, the poll closes tonight, so get your votes in. Call your friends, call your family, sign up your dog and get those votes cast!