• Sarkut
    • Pdnnoob
    • Possum Roadkill
    • JD Melek
    • CSM725
    • Epic Epiphany
    • Barbie125

WOTW # 21 Giant Invasion.

NEW VOTING RULES ! YOU MAY VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE ENTRY ! TOP THREE ENTRIES QUALIFY FOR ROUND 2 ! SUDDEN DEATH OVERTIME ! GO TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR MORE INFO !

POLL ENDS FRIDAY NIGHT AT 7:00 PM EST ! VOTE NOW !!!!

Entry Period EXTENDED until Thursday June 24th SATURDAY

WOTW Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

All images must be submitted as a thumbnail link to the full size image. DO NOT POST FULL SIZE IMAGES!

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not look at it.

When Theme Rules allow, you must post a link to any stocks, renders, images or parts of images

you did not create in Paint.net, i.e. fractals created in a fractal generator program.

NO PLACEHOLDERS Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS !

Obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be

created in Paint.net. As stated in the WOTW rules, you must provide a link to any and all stocks or renders used.

Special rule # 5. Do not anger the Possum.

WOTW # 21 Giant Invasion. - Theme Rules. Please read this !

Theme is "Giant Invasion"

Remember all those B grade movies in the 1950’s and 60’s where they had giant creatures attacking cities and towns? Giant Mantis, Spiders, Possums, Lizards, Moths, running amok and creating havoc for people all over the world. Yeah, that’s what I want !

You are to make an image that shows GIANT whatever(s) in a cityscape, landscape seascape or wherever you want. You can use any kind of animal or creature you want.

You can use any amount of stock photos you want. You can add lettering, explosions, or any other effects, or anything else you want. This is all about the GIANT things !

Do not discuss this competition in this thread. If you have questions, comments or general comments about this comp,

post them in the discussion thread HERE

Entry period for this competition will run through 7:00 p.m. Monday evening (June 21st 2010), U.S. Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

All submissions entered up to this time will be allowed.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread or PM Possum Roadkill. I would be happy to help anyone interested.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Oh come on ! Where the heck are all the people who gave me a hard time because I didn't allow enough stock images in this comp? This is your chance ! This may very well be the coolest theme for the WOTW ever ! I'm going to extend the entry period until Thursday night. I better see more entries by then or it will be a cold day in Possumville before you get to see stocks in this comp again!

I think we need more entries. Extended until Saturday night. If you guys would, please post your image in the Pictorium so people can see it and it might generate some interest.

Ok, I have no idea where the stock for the Dodge Tomahawk came from other than it was emailed to me in a PowerPoint show. The ladybug was from here: http://www.freakingnews.com/Ladybug-Pictures----1636-2.asp

Here's my attempt:

th_WOTWGiant.png

Edited by barbieq25
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Barbieq, I get a 404 error when viewing your image.

Me too. I can see the thumbnail, but when I click on it, I don't get the image. Could you use the Direct Link code from Photobucket and use the Thumbnail mod in the Other Styles menu? That always works for me. :D

Barbieq, I get a 404 error when viewing your image.

Yes, I stuffed up the link. Should be good now. Let me know if its not working yet.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

NEW VOTING RULES ! YOU MAY VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE ENTRY ! TOP THREE ENTRIES QUALIFY FOR ROUND 2 ! SUDDEN DEATH OVERTIME ! GO TO THE DISCUSSION THREAD FOR MORE INFO !

POLL ENDS FRIDAY NIGHT AT 7:00 PM EST ! VOTE NOW !!!!