Make a 3D Room / Interior Design

yellowman

With this tutorial you can create a 3D room "interior 3D view".
Images like these:

room.jpgroom2.jpgroom3.jpg

room4.jpgroom3d-normal.jpgroom3d-angle.jpg
All these images created by using the same technique

This tutorial is in PDF format
"View the tutorial"

(Note by EER:  PDF also attached to the bottom of this post 19 April 2014 ;) )

Enjoy

3droomtut.pdf

Edited by Pixey
restored image links
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I like it XD. Just being picky, but if you could add a part where you make the lighting on the left and right objects (your door and window) match that of the walls they are on, you could make the room look much better. At the moment, they look like objects taken from a separate image and thrown on without proper blending (in other words, they are too bright). I realize you are presenting a technique to the community, but if you mentioned a little something about things like that (and why they happen), you would give people a head start on making their pics more beautiful than if they just copy what you did in the tutorial. I love the tutorial tho! Nice work!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I got rid of Adobe`s bloated software ages ago and now use Foxit Reader instead. It uses less resources and opens up much much quicker. :)

Great tut Yellowman. Thanks.

Good work on the room Bbq. I`ve got one on the go in my projects file, I just haven`t got round to finishing it. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

like I said, I realize Ash is presenting a technique to the community, but some minor notes on how the final product can be improved would be useful for those that do follow tutorials to the letter.

About making cobblestone walls look better, try to line the shading up with the rest of the room. Figure out where the light source is coming from, then rotate the cobblestone to make it match. Also, near the edges, you may want to run some distortions to make it appear to be the shape it is instead of a flat image. Those two things are all I know how to fix in these situations. There are other thing like perspective (on each cobblestone) that are off, but you'll have to figure those out yourself...I'm still noob in that area

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have problems with opening the pdf... Don't know why?? With wich program have you guys opened it?? :|

What software you are using for PDF files??

Adobe and Foxit Readers both are best for it and use any of them..!!

• 3 months later...

Fresh designs and unique styles are new lifeinto your home.This is really helpful to take nice ideas to make your home morebeautiful.I sure will must be try this in future.Thanks for sharing this....

It works ... imageshack is just extremely slow serving these up. Took about 5 minutes to pop in all three major browsers for me. Normally that would have been about 5 seconds based on its size of ~2.2 megabytes.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

It works ... imageshack is just extremely slow serving these up. Took about 5 minutes to pop in all three major browsers for me. Normally that would have been about 5 seconds based on its size of ~2.2 megabytes.

Just got it now delpart :) thank you. Yet another for my "to do list" :lol:

ZXCBOoZ.png

• 2 years later...

FYI - unable to open the PDF tutorial - which gives an error in the imageshack note:

The image http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1113/3droomtut.pdf cannot be displayed because it contains errors.      :(

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

FYI - unable to open the PDF tutorial - which gives an error in the imageshack note:

The image http://img46.imagesh...3/3droomtut.pdf cannot be displayed because it contains errors.       :(

I couldn't either but I was able to save it then open it.

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins