How to Install Plugins ×

Shape3D (2007-08-24) [Bug Fixed September 2023]

MKT

RE-DO

OK.... made another jing vid showing the problem some of us have with the shape 3D plug-in.

I have tried all of the suggestions thru out this thread to no avail.

Am currently up-dated on everything.

The vid (re-done for boltbait).................

http://www.screencast.com/users/Henders ... 91e4cacd87

Have you tried not to use any skins/themes for your windows.

"The pink winodws and the bold letters."

Every possibilities have been done with shape3d, No...I have not seen any user done that yet.

CORRECTION:

Every possibilities have been done with shape3d, No...I have not seen any user BESIDES ME doing that yet.

:P

:oops: :P there's always some tiny setting that can make some new effects...

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Unistall the theme program. Not just disable the theme.

Like my earlier posts, if all else fails, reinstall windows.

See what a fresh installation will do.

I bet it will work.

or try it on another system.

It's the zune theme and shape 3D did not work before I downloaded that theme.

Fresh install? As I stated in the post above, "I did everything suggested thru out this thread"

RE-DO

OK.... made another jing vid showing the problem some of us have with the shape 3D plug-in.

I have tried all of the suggestions thru out this thread to no avail.

Am currently up-dated on everything.

The vid (re-done for boltbait).................

http://www.screencast.com/users/Henders ... 91e4cacd87

I'm curious... if you run Shape3D and hit the Enter key, what happens? If the canvas resets and you are able to use Paint.NET again, I suspect that I know what the problem is.

I'm curious... if you run Shape3D and hit the Enter key, what happens? If the canvas resets and you are able to use Paint.NET again, I suspect that I know what the problem is.

Hi BB!

If I press Enter key after a good looking ball what Shape3D made, PDN go back to the prevoius state. (Same as I press Backspace as I told it few months before.)

So the fact: PDN does not freeze, just the Shape3D settings window does not appear on the screen, and Shape3D always able to make a ball, nothing else.

What do you think, which is the solution ?

Well, I thought the video was quite self explanatory.

You don't get a chance to hit enter once you hit on to open shape 3D. It automatically generates the pic to a round shape without any input.

Well, I thought the video was quite self explanatory.

You don't get a chance to hit enter once you hit on to open shape 3D. It automatically generates the pic to a round shape without any input.

Did you try Enter and Backspace ?

Both of them works and do the same thing : steps back in History

The way Shape3D is choosing to show itself (window size and placement) is done is a somewhat strange way. By looking at the code I noticed something wrong. It will not allow you to make the window larger than a set maximum size... but, it does not restrict the minimum size. I suspect that at some point, the code that saves the window state got confused and stored a 0,0 for width and height... (I'm sure you can see where this is going...) so technically, the window exists, but you can't see it. If you could memorize key strokes, you can control just about everything Shape3D does. Now, I say, "just about" because, you can not use the keyboard to get to the control that would reset the window settings. :(

I've dug around to see if I can find where the settings are stored and couldn't find anything. Someone else may be better than me at figuring this out.

In reality, MKT should include some code to ensure that the window is not smaller than a set size and located on the actual screen. If only we had some way to contact him...

I've got the solution!!!

:lol:

I use my PC with a HDMI connected plasma with Dual View option...

And the situation is , that the Shape3D settings window always appears on the second monitor in Dual View mode

(If anybody press and hold down on the Shape3D settings window's caption, will able to move it back to the first monitor in Dual View mode)

I've got the solution!!!

And the situation is , that the Shape3D settings window always appears on the second monitor in Dual View mode

(If anybody press and hold down on the Shape3D settings window's caption, will able to move it back to the first monitor in Dual View mode)

Have fun :)

1 down, 1 to go. :)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I've got the solution!!!

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you mesa !!

That is exactly where that bugger was hiding.

shape_3D.png

Now all I have to do is get someone to figgure out how to get it to appear on the correct screen.....

I can't believe after all this time that it was sooooooooooooooooooo simple as looking at the other screen. ( other screen never on/open unless I am watching a movie thru WMP).

A gentleman_hat_tip.gif to mesa

I don't have this problem with the plugin, but I'll try...

OK, try this:

Effects > Render > Shape3D

Press the following keys:

S

If that doesn't work, try M (followed by all the arrows...)

The alt space M followed by the arrows will take the cursor over to the other screen and then simply move the mouse (( no clicking )) back over to the screen you are working at..

Still be nice to have it appear where it's supposed to, but thanks to both of ya's .

OK .... After further testing and whatnot, it appears that getting that box to appear where it's supposed to do is going to have to have more research. Made a short vid of what I did using mesa's and BB's suggestions.....

http://www.screencast.com/users/Henders ... 62bd8475fc

Thanks again......

you say "it's a pretty big picture so it renders a little slow".

the big thing slowing it down to render is that you had the AA box set to 5.

do all your work with the AA box off, and then turn it on when you're ready to render the final product...a lot faster...and your video card would appreciate it

you say "it's a pretty big picture so it renders a little slow".

the big thing slowing it down to render is that you had the AA box set to 5.

do all your work with the AA box off, and then turn it on when you're ready to render the final product...a lot faster...and your video card would appreciate it

Thank you Curmudgeon for that tip. I will try that next time. I have to go thru the complete learning curve for this plug-in now since I have the tool box to work with.

OMG!!! With Curmudgeon's help, the difference between the rendering process is night&day from what I (noob) had it at. Thank you ever so much gentleman_hat_tip.gif

I have installed the Shape3D plugin correctly, ... other plugins work fine. However applying Shape3D to any image always results in the display of a sphere with the image wraped around it and the application Point.Net frozen.

To regain use of the computer I have to end Point.net using the End Task button in Windows Task Manager.

Suggestions

applying Shape3D to any image always results in the display of a sphere with the image wraped around it and the application Point.Net frozen.

To regain use of the computer I have to end Point.net using the End Task button in Windows Task Manager.

Suggestions

by chance are you running dual monitors?