How to Install Plugins ×

Shape3D (2007-08-24) [Bug Fixed September 2023]

MKT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

No, you can't edit an existing object. But you can use the XML load/save feature to save the UI settings you use, and then apply these settings to a different image at a later date.

Updated to 3.5.5 - shape3d causes major freeze to PD. the only way to close the program is to use Task Manager -

Process -

create image;

Open and shape3d from effects;

Shape 3d automatically makes a ball - no options appear, no choices for making sphere, oval, nothing.. only ball is automatically created;

Shape3d then freezes program; unable to exit; change screen, nothing works.. the only way to get out is to use windows task manager.

Shape3D is in effects folder. When you right click the dll it says - register this program or unregister this program, when one clicks on register - error message says that the module failed to load - make sure binary is stored at specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files, the specified modules could not be found (what does that mean and how would one debug?)

Shape3d was installed Directly into the effects file - i have installed from several locations ; and have reinstalled 3.5.5 several times to no avail

Would appreciate input on this.

Thanks

Last two posts merged into this thread from Troubleshooting.

Confession time:

I got the merge the wrong way around initially. I've corrected this and repinnned but Shape 3D now has a new topic number (18968). Links will need to be updated. :roll: Apologies to all :sad:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I gape in awe at the potential of this plugin.

I can't read a lick of it. :wink:

Perhaps the creator would be willing to publish the source so translation can occur? :D

OH GOSH NO! Google Translate fails. Don't use it. It's going to take a Japanese professional to translate this...

Anyway, this is a pretty great plug-in. Though I haven't experimented with it yet...

I loved this plu-in but since paint.net updated last time, it has stopped working. It just renders a sphere on my workspace and everything freezes. The only way I can exit paint.net when this happens is to use the task manager. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the plug-in a few times and it just doesn't work anymore. I'm working on a Vista Home Premium 32bit operating system, don't have the dual screen and have read through the solution for previous problems with this plug-in, which don't seem to apply as it's not a 64bit operating system or dual screen. Not sure what to try next. Can anybody offer any advice or solution for me? Thank you

I loved this plu-in but since paint.net updated last time, it has stopped working. It just renders a sphere on my workspace and everything freezes. The only way I can exit paint.net when this happens is to use the task manager. I tried uninstalling and re-installing the plug-in a few times and it just doesn't work anymore. I'm working on a Vista Home Premium 32bit operating system, don't have the dual screen and have read through the solution for previous problems with this plug-in, which don't seem to apply as it's not a 64bit operating system or dual screen. Not sure what to try next. Can anybody offer any advice or solution for me? Thank you

Even if you don't have two monitors, your computer might still be configured for dual-monitors.

I don't remember how to configure dual-monitor in Vista, but you should check that.

By the way, you probably shouldn't need to use Task Manager to kill Paint.NET. Pressing Esc or Alt+F4 should close the hidden Shape3D window and give you back control over Paint.NET.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!