How to Install Plugins ×

Shape3D (2007-08-24) [Bug Fixed September 2023]

MKT

Looks like MKT has a hit on his hands ;)

Yeah, I think that's an accurate assessment...Gosh, gone for two days to ride coasters, and PdN changes forever...

...a framework for saving all the settings from an effect/adjustment dialog, and to load them back...

...would be awesome. I don't know how it would work, but it would be awesome. You're right; it would change tutorials forever...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Like pyro's curves+ xml save/load.

Looks like MKT has a hit on his hands ;)

Sticky'd

Side-bar: I think this plugin is a perfect example of something that would benefit from a feature we're thinking of adding in the next release. That is, a framework for saving all the settings from an effect/adjustment dialog, and to load them back. Like in a text file. Instead of people posting screenshots of Curves saying, "make it look like this", they'd just give some XML to paste in or something ...

Congratulations on the sticky, MKT!

Side-bar: I think this plugin is a perfect example of something that would benefit from a feature we're thinking of adding in the next release. That is, a framework for saving all the settings from an effect/adjustment dialog, and to load them back. Like in a text file. Instead of people posting screenshots of Curves saying, "make it look like this", they'd just give some XML to paste in or something ...

Interesting the way you choose Curves as your example eh? :wink:

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

To anyone waiting for the English version...

It's hard to believe, but is worth being said. Even being written mostly in Japanese, this plugin is more comprehensive then most of the advanced features of any graphic design/photo editing software program I have ever used.

So I ask, why rob yourself the shear joy of its use?

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Think about it...This plugin is worth a version change!

MKT.NET 4.0 anyone? :D

If he could just tap into Rick's "grabable" Roll/Rotate dialog for the Axes(plural of Axis) adjustments, this thing would be heavenly!

Take responsibility for your own intelligence. 😉 -Rick Brewster

Stickying a thread ensures it will never go to the last page of the forum, and also ensures it will always be in plain sight on the top of the forum.

That's a very good thing.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

Why not make a plugin that can export to .OBJ/.NIF files, so we have the easiest modeling AND texturing tool ever.

^^ Because pdn is not a 3D editing tool

My first reaction was the same as his. I thought to myself, no way that would ever happen. But then I realized something.

Three years ago, PdN wasn't extensible by .DLL plugins. Two years ago, it couldn't perform a 3D rotate/zoom. Last year, it wasn't a Vista program, nor did it have 64-bit support. And last week, it wasn't a 3D editing tool.

Now, it is all of those things. Programs evolve.

And since this new functionality is invisible - even optional - I think we should embrace this new role the program is stepping into.

Now, should we include support for this filetype yet? Probably not. It's not in-demand enough yet to need it. But to say that PdN is not and cannot be a 3D editing tool is sort of closed-minded.

Let's all try to keep an open mind about this. The possibilities are endless. This plugin opens horizons all over the place. Keeping a closed mind is what keeps programs from soaring...if Rick had had a closed mind three years ago, all it would've been was an undergraduate senior design project.

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

You know ... It's more difficult to say no than to say yes.

So what was difficult building this tiny is saying what's it's not, and will never be, despites all the plugins trying to fill the gap¹.

Paint.NET is not a Animated GIF editor.

Paint.NET is not a icon/cursor editor.

Paint.NET doesn't need an airbrush.

So I don't take much risk saying...

Paint.NET is not a 3D editing tool.

¹It's a metaphor, i'm not saying PdN need it, or that it's a lack

No. Way. I've just seen Bob. And... *poof!*—just like that—he disappears into the mist again. ~Helio

I use pdn as an icon editor. It can do it with that plugin, but there isnt a plugin out there, and there will never be one that will turn paint.net into a 3D editing tool. This doesnt create an actual 3D model, it simulates the results.

I'm still alive!

It poses an interesting question, though, doesn't it? Suppose someone comes along in a few years and decides to make an open-source 3D graphics editor. Suppose they see the PdN source and decide to use parts of it as a texture editor. In that way, PdN would become a (part of a) 3D graphics editor.

And I suppose my post doesn't really focus on it enough, but I really meant to focus on the users and pluginsters for PdN, and the fact that we shouldn't shoehorn them in to a specific box that says what the program can and cannot be.

Not that there's any danger of that...

The problem with making PdN a 3D molding program is that those programs have a completely different layout and run things very differently.

Look at google sketchup, then look at PdN, you can't tell me we can incorporate both without making the interface non-user friendly or not being able to make it work at all.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

[ dA Paint.NET Chat :: Yata on dA ]

I know theres a lot of potential for open source programs like this, but theres a huge difference between graphics editing programs and 3D modeling tools. To create an option for 3D modeling in pdn, countless hours would have to be spent. There are some things that pdn can double as, such as an icon/curser editor, but programs to make those arnt too much differnt than a program for graphics editing. 2D editing and 3D editing are totally different, and this will never be in pdn. It can be done, but I doubt it will ever be done. It wouldnt be good to have a program that can do both, because then all you would have is a bad graphics editor and a bad 3D modelor. Instead, find two different programs that focus completly on one thing. 3D modeling is a complex thing, and I doubt that there will ever be anyone who would even try to edit pdn to double as one.

I'm still alive!

Good morning. GMT + 8 Hours

Thank you for a lot of comments.

Do I have should do something on "...adding in the next release..." and "Sticky"?

I who doesn't have ability am utmost only in my program.

It is difficult only in the translation software for me even to understand the

comment on the forum.

And, if my word is translated, it is not my word and becomes it.

A lot of time to read English is necessary for me.

Please forgive answer late.

About the only thing this plug in doesn't do is drive me to church and back. No seriously it is a great plug in. I'm not as computer knowledgeable as most of you, but I would like to see a reset button. For now I'm just hitting cancel and returning to the effect over and over. At least a listing of the default settings would be nice.

Im not sure on what you can add in the next release. I think that this plugin already has everything it could ever need.

I'm still alive!