How to Install Plugins ×

Ed Harvey Effects v 5.0 (2022-12-24)

Ed Harvey

I have the same question as above, why is it just EdHarvey.Effects.dll and EdHarvey.Effects.pdb? Is it more convenient this way or is there some other reason? (The plugins do work, though)

To quote Null54 here "The pdb file provides debug information if the plugin crashes" ;)

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

First off, let me say that Ed's plugins are my most used plugins and I can't see myself using Paint.Net heavily without them. Unfortunately all of them crash my current install of Paint.Net v4.0 (b 4.0.5168.12074).

I have tried re downloading the plugins from the original post as well as using older versions of the pugins, they all produce the same error described below in the crash log.

I understand I am using the latest beta version of Paint.Net and that may be the issue. So this is my report, hope it helps. :)

Crash log:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\EdHarvey.Effects.dll
      Name: EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.ColorFlipRotateEffect
      Version: 3.5.4426.2500
      Author: Ed Harvey
      Copyright: Copyright ©  2006-20112, Ed Harvey
      Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.UI' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer, Version=4.0.5168.12074, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at EdHarvey.UI.EtchedLine.InitForCurrentVisualStyle()
   at EdHarvey.UI.EtchedLine..ctor() in M:\EdFects-3.50 release\EdFects\Ed-fects\UI\EtchedLine.cs:line 17
   at EdHarvey.Edfects.EdEffectConfigDialog3.InitializeComponent() in M:\EdFects-3.50 release\EdFects\Ed-fects\UI\EdEffectConfigDialog3.cs:line 155
   at EdHarvey.Edfects.EdEffectConfigDialog3..ctor() in M:\EdFects-3.50 release\EdFects\Ed-fects\UI\EdEffectConfigDialog3.cs:line 17
   at EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.ColorFlipRotateEffectConfigDialog..ctor() in M:\EdFects-3.50 release\EdFects\Ed-fects\Color\FlipRotate\FlipRotateEffectConfigDialog.cs:line 12
   at EdHarvey.Edfects.Effects.ColorFlipRotateEffect.CreateConfigDialog() in M:\EdFects-3.50 release\EdFects\Ed-fects\Color\FlipRotate\FlipRotateEffect.cs:line 23
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 913
Edited by Andronomos

Ed has released a new package which should be compatible with v4.0.  Find it here: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/27701-ed-harvey-effects-for-paintnet-40-alpha/

Remember these are still in development as is this version of Paint.NET.

I think Ed is waiting for the public release of v4.0 before he makes these plugins available.

I think Ed is waiting for the public release of v4.0 before he makes these plugins available.

Aside from a few glitches with the project and layer previews, the current betta build is fairly polished. I think the only crashes or bugs I've experienced are from plugins :)

• 2 months later...

What is the mathematics behind multiview warp plugin? I mean, in the first sight, what does it do? What kind of bigger transformation group (affine? distance-conservative? or hard-to-define? :D) does it belong to? I don't want the exact code, if you want to keep it in secret, but a drafty description about its nature, if possible, in mathematical terms.

Edited by EwillBKilledbitsch

• 1 month later...

The soft saturation effect is missing. It's not in the "Adjustments" category

Hmmm, you're right - sort of...

Somewhere in the mists of time (I haven't done any real work on these plugins in ages) it somehow got renamed Vibrance   :/

I'll see if I can find the time in the next few days to rename it back... In the meantime, you now know where to find it :)

Edit: On second thoughts, I think I'll leave it as is...

ed-sig2.png.3c040e8f8a7b22d05fbfbad8e5ea6994.png

What is the mathematics behind multiview warp plugin? I mean, in the first sight, what does it do? What kind of bigger transformation group (affine? distance-conservative? or hard-to-define? :D) does it belong to? I don't want the exact code, if you want to keep it in secret, but a drafty description about its nature, if possible, in mathematical terms.

sorry for the slow reply on this one, I only just noticed it...

If I remember correctly, it's a relatively simple transform, the mapping is something like...

for a given pixel at x,y (where x and y are relative to the center of the image)

mx = (size * Math.Floor(x / size) + size / 2);
my = (size * Math.Floor(y / size) + size / 2);

ix = (mx - x) * shift;
iy = (my - y) * shift;

pixel at x-ix maps to x, and y-iy maps to y 
so basically it divides to image into squares, and maps shifted/scaled sections of the image into each square...

hope that helps :)

Thank you! It was so useful (both your explanation and the filter itself), maybe some demo of images for which I used your filter: http://ewillbkilledbitsch.deviantart.com/gallery/48325216/CGI-MFI-Maior-Series-2014-RWT-B and http://ewillbkilledbitsch.deviantart.com/gallery/49510054/CGI-MFI-Maior-Series-2014-RWT-A.

Nice day to everyone!

• 1 month later...

Hmmm, you're right - sort of...

Somewhere in the mists of time (I haven't done any real work on these plugins in ages) it somehow got renamed Vibrance   :/

I'll see if I can find the time in the next few days to rename it back... In the meantime, you now know where to find it :)

Edit: On second thoughts, I think I'll leave it as is...

I found it.  :) I remember a plugin called Lattice. I've tried looking for it, but it's not there. 

Edited by mackenzieh

Aaah, lattice...

One of the first effects I ever wrote, and it showed!

I think I dropped it from the pack quite some time ago as it was kind-of cr@p :roll:

I'm away from home for the next couple of weeks - when I return, I'll put a copy of it in the 'Archives'

Ed , on the first page there are two links for your plugins, one that says it is for v4 and one that says it is the latest version. Are they both OK for v4 ? If there are any differences between the two maybe you could say so . Or if they are both for v4 then maybe remove one of the links because it can be a bit confusing about which one should actually be installed.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

the cross process will not download when I download the pack. it isn't there when I unzip to move all files. :(

any ideas?

In this case each effect doesn't have it's own separate file. Ed Harvey complied them together.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 4 weeks later...

Can't find weave in Effects>Render all the other effects show up fine but I need weave to make a carbon fiber texture.  :(

Here's my sig.(Click it now!)

AeEEeGO.png

Hi, it's me. I like experimenting with PDN to make really cool effects. I also like to

code in HTML and Lua. I like PC games and making youtube videos to show

my friends. Nice meeting you! See you later.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been searching and searching for an older version of Ed Harvey's plugins and can't find them! The latest update to PDN requires Win7 and SP1, both of which I don't have. The latest version of PDN I'm able to use is v3.5.11. In particularly I'm looking for the Wobble plugin compatible with that version, but there is no link for the older version in the "Ed Harvey Effects v 3.5 (2012-02-13)" thread. Can a compatible version of the plugin be sent to me?