• A Fleeting Glimpse
    • Possum Roadkill
    • Jerry533482
    • Goonfella
    • GeminiS

Space Art Competition #1

THEME IS: A View From An Asteroid

****Winner is*** A Fleeting Glimpse !

SAC Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

When they are allowed, obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be created in Paint.net.

When Theme Rules allow, you must post a link to any stocks, renders, images or parts of images you did not create in Paint.net,

i.e. fractals created in a fractal generator program or textures created in another program of any kind.

All images must be submitted as a thumbnail link to the full size image. DO NOT POST FULL SIZE IMAGES!

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not wait to look at it.

NO PLACEHOLDERS! Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS (works in progress) !

No images previously submitted will be allowed.

I reserve the right to add to the rules as people do things to annoy me. (See special rule # 5.)

THEME IS: A View From An Asteroid

Theme rules: You are to make an image depicting a space scene with an asteroid or a group of asteroids

(commonly known as an asteroid belt) with the point of view being from the asteroid surface,

or within the asteroid belt looking out into space, or into a solar system, or at/into other space like phenomena.

You may use stocks and or renders in part of your image. (The less the use the better, in my humble opinion).

You MUST link to the stocks or renders you use. The use of another program to create textures is also allowed,

i.e. Apophysis to create planet textures or nebulae textures or even Blender to create 3D planets.

However, the majority of the image must be done in Paint.net, because this is a Paint.net forum competition.

As in the use of stocks and renders, you must post any textures or elements you create in another program as if they are stocks/renders.

(Remember, Possum’s have a sixth sense about things like this, do don’t make me hunt you down.

So with that in mind, special rule #5 is in effect for this competition ).

This thread is for entries only ! If you want to discuss this comp, please go to the discussion thread HERE.

The VOTING period for this competition run through Sunday evening (May 14th, 2010) at 7:00 p.m., Eastern Daylight Savings Time. All VOTES submitted up to that time will be accepted

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Like Oma, space isn't my thing...love to look at it but most definitely not my forte.

Here is my entry. Boy did this stretch my limits! Pure PDN.

th_Asteroid.png

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

MY ENTRY (THUMBNAIL FORM)

wotw19flightpng2.th.png

CODE

[url=http://img406.imageshack.us/i/wotw19flightpng2.png/][img=http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/994/wotw19flightpng2.th.png][/url]

Please note planets are not aliased in full-size.

STOCKS

From this page - http://planetpixelem....com/earth.html

Edited by csm725

Burning Asteroid

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/Possum%20Art/BurningAsteroid.png

Texture for blue planet is a fractal from Apophysis 2.09

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp41/PossumRoadkill/screen%20shots/Apophysis-Texture.png

Everything except the blue planet is 100% Paint.net. Blue Planet texture was made in Apophysis 2.09, relief plug-in and rendered in Shape 3-D plug-in.

This has been under construction since the 27th. I've noticed that when you take your time with your creations, You get better results. I was going to wait until the 9th to submit my entry, but I figured that if I add any more to it, I'll ruin it. I'm very pleased with the outcome.

Behold! An asteroid-side view of an ice giant:

asteroid-sideviewofanicegiant_resiz.png

100% original, 100% PDN, & 100% proud of it.

Edited by jerry533482

Space...The Final Frontier. -James Tiberius Kirk; circa 2260s

YLOD VICTIM

The period for entries has ended. Thanks to everyone who entered. Poll will be up later tonight.