Blurring Edges

Amy2daysBATH

I've just downloaded Paint.NET today at work for a project my boss has assigned me. At home, I've used both Photoshop and Corel's PaintShop Pro. In both those programs, there is a 'blur' tool which can be managed much like the paintbrush and eraser - by size. I see that Paint.NET has a blur option, but that it blurs the entire image. Am I missing a blur tool or is it just not something available in Paint.NET?

Tutorials forum is for tutorials.

This is not a tutorial.

This is a question.

Questions forum is for questions.

Moved

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

This is not a tutorial.

This is a question.

Moved

Sorry and thanks.

This is not a tutorial.

This is a question.

Moved

Was you bullied at school Pyrochild ?? I have observed many replies from you as a browsing guest for many months, You seem to be a very nasty person, so much hatred in you, every post you ever make is putting new members down, I wish I was a forum Admin, I too could be a fascist MF like you are.

You are a ZERO.

Was you bullied at school Pyrochild ??

Yes
I have observed many replies from you as a browsing guest for many months, You seem to be a very nasty person, so much hatred in you, every post you ever make is putting new members down,
My plugins are full of hate and viruses, too, and it's with fierce anger and bile that I try to keep this forum organized and free of spam.
I wish I was a forum Admin, I too could be a fascist MF like you are.

You are a ZERO.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but that kind of language (even abbreviated) is not tolerated here, especially when directed at other people. Watch it.

xZYt6wl.png

I've just downloaded Paint.NET today at work for a project my boss has assigned me. At home, I've used both Photoshop and Corel's PaintShop Pro. In both those programs, there is a 'blur' tool which can be managed much like the paintbrush and eraser - by size. I see that Paint.NET has a blur option, but that it blurs the entire image. Am I missing a blur tool or is it just not something available in Paint.NET?

Here is what I say to do:

Blur your entire image, then erase everything except for the edges.

Was you bullied at school Pyrochild ?? I have observed many replies from you as a browsing guest for many months, You seem to be a very nasty person, so much hatred in you, every post you ever make is putting new members down, I wish I was a forum Admin, I too could be a fascist MF like you are.

You are a ZERO.

He is just doing his job.

You are a ZERO.

That was uncalled for. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. There's nothing gained by flaming.

Maybe you two should get married.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

:roll:

On-topic now:

I have a blur tool in private testing, but it's not ready for primetime. The only blur that works well with it is Ed Harvey's True Blur, which is too slow to be used as a tool. I don't have the smarts/educayshuns to write my own, but Ed has generously agreed to write a new blur algorithm that should work better for this purpose.

But Ed has been on vacation. And is now ill. Poor Ed.

xZYt6wl.png

Amy2daysBATH, If you are looking to blur only the edges of objects (as the title of your thread implies), perhaps you should try one of my feather plugins.

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/2140-

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/11514-

Both can be downloaded as part of my plugin pack here: BoltBait's Plugin Pack

• 1 year later...

When I want to blur edges in paint.net, I select the area I don't want blurred, then I invert the selection and use the Gaussian blur from the Effects-blurs menu. It works for me. ;)

Thread is over a year old eaton1 - you should consider it closed as per Rule #11