Pixel Competition #6 Discussion - Entry Period has Begun!

Rubrica

I have interest, I just can't seem to do it. I can't seem to work that small with a mouse. I do always check in to see who made what. I think it's really neat how you guys do this kind of artwork.I do have to admit, I am a little confused by the voting method. Why not have a poll and make it a little more organized. Why not send out a few PMs to some of the people who have posted pixel art in the Galleria and see if you can encourage them to enter. I think you should give it another try. Maybe you could design some awards for your comp or some of the others?

It's really not so difficult...just make a small image (50x50 for example) and zoom in 1200x! Also, I asked that same question a while ago. There really isn't an answer other than that Rubrica is a nosy person lolz

@pyro I must say, that was a good first attempt XD my first attempt at pixel art looked awful. I've learned quite a bit since then (like not trying large images until I know what I'm doing ;) ), but I've got a ways to go to match some of the entries in our pixel art image umbrella! I can't believe I'm saying this to a pro pdner, but keep at it. Practice makes perfect :P

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 4 weeks later...

Loving the theme <3 Great job McSteeze. Also, do I have to mention if I for example looked at a picture of a teacup for reference, drew it on a paper then drew it again in paint.NET via tablet?

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

• 3 weeks later...

wasn't really planning on it, but i'm in... had nothing better to do anyways...

have to say that the entries right now look like examples of what one should/shouldn't aim for  :lol:

redsig.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just out of curiosity, but when will this be back up? I've been waiting for a while now...(I even have an idea for a competition: pixel art city - minimum of 5 buildings)

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo