WOTW # 17 Discussion Topic

Possum Roadkill

Welcome to the WOTW # 17 Discussion Thread.

This thread is intended for all discussions about this WOTW competition. WOTW # 17, Sports Magazine Cover

***Please do not post your entry in this thread***

WOTW Comp Rules: All submissions must be created in Paint.net with the exception of renders and stock photos when allowed.

All images must be submitted as a thumbnail link to the full size image. DO NOT POST FULL SIZE IMAGES!

Minimum size is 800 X 600. There is no maximum size, but keep in mind that people will want to look at your image

and if it takes too long to load, they may not look at it.

When Theme Rules allow, you must post a link to any stocks, renders, images or parts of images

you did not create in Paint.net, i.e. fractals created in a fractal generator program.

NO PLACEHOLDERS (also known as the CSM rule) Do not post an entry until it is a finished product. NO WIPS !

Special rule # 5. Do not anger the Possum.

WOTW # 17 Rules. You must create a mock up of a sports magazine cover. Any sport you choose, as long as it is a real sport.

Renders and stock photos are allowed. Magazines are usually taller than they are wide, but this is a special magazine, so it's

ok if it is in landscape format.

Obviously you cannot use the stocks or renders as your entire submission, so the majority of your image should be

created in Paint.net. As stated in the WOTW rules, you must provide a link to any and all stocks or renders used.

Do not post your entries to this competition in this thread. To submit your image use the entry thread HERE

Entry time for this competition will run through Midnight (12:00) Friday night, (April 16th 2010), U.S. Eastern Daylight Savings Time. All submissions entered up to this time will be allowed.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread or PM Possum Roadkill. I would be happy to help anyone interested.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

OK I see we already have a problem. CSM, just because I don't state it in the rules does not mean you can enter a placeholder. I guess I will have to edit the official rules to state NO PLACEHOLDERS. You should have asked me first. Your post has been disallowed for now. DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE A FINISHED PRODUCT. NO WIPS !

Rule # 5. DO NOT ANGER THE POSSUM !

CSM PM me when you have your piece completed and I will reset your post.

Edited by Possum Roadkill

OK, Problem # 2. The rules clearly state that all entries must be submitted as a thumbnail link to the full size image. Problem # 3, I would expect that this would also be a given for the stock images, or using a link with the link button.

Please edit your images to comply with the rules.

Aw, guys! I hate sport! Does going shopping at 2 different shopping centres, getting 2 weeks of groceries & meat in less than 30 minutes from the time the house was left to the time I got back count as sport?

I think I have an idea...magazine eh? Least we got a reasonable size to work with.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@Frontcannon - Yes, I am fully aware of that fact and I have no freaking idea why the Americans call 'American football' by that name.

So, in summary, it's for the Americans. :D

If you were in England, you wouldn't need a magazine to know the scores of a Chelsea v. Manchester game or of the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

Edited by csm725

Nice thing. Can I add a magazine too?

Of course you can. Welcome to the forum!

Just be sure to read the rules carefully. If you're not sure about something, just ask. Personally, I am more than happy to help & most people here are too.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Nice thing. Can I add a magazine too?

Yes you can ! Please read the competition rules first ! We would be happy to have your entry.

last time they had a match in Premierleague chelsea won 5-0, but portsmouth have nothing to play for in the premierleague... so maybe (i dont hope it) they can pull a suprising win?

You never know.

Sunderland 1 Leeds 0 -1973

Southampton 1 Man Utd 0 - 1976

Coventry 3 Spurs 2 - 1987

Wimbledon 1 Liverpool 0 - 1988

And OK if you insist(and before anyone else reminds me!) -

Cardiff City 1 Arsenal 0

So don`t bank on a Chelsea victory just because of who they are. Cup finals are one off`s and anything can, and sometimes does, happen (I hope!) sHa_biggrin.gif

That`s a stunning entry by CJ. Has to be the favourite so far.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Goon... aah.. gooner -> gunner.. -> arsenal fan.. just realised it :|, agree CJ's is the best at the moment... :)...

and yes portsmouth can suprise cause they are litteraly out of premierleague, so they only have FA left to play for :D so they'll hopefully play they'r heart out, and then we are gonna watch a nice FA-Final

tho chelsea one the last 2 games they played 2-1 and 5-0... soo im gonna go for chelsea not just cause im a fan...

sorry for the bad gramma/english

ps. we should make a Sport/soccer thread?

Edited by ImAnOwl?

I'm confused. None of these are really wallpapers :( They're all AMAZING. They're just not wallpapers.

4501470889_5a71ed4d66_o.png

- Any thoughts? -

A wallpaper is the background for a desktop, mobile device, etc.

Also, an obscure meaning is the paper that is pasted decoratively on a wall.

But in this context, I'm fairly sure it means, or at least it meant this when the contest was born, the background for your desktop. The wallpaper.

Edited by 0(-.-)0

4501470889_5a71ed4d66_o.png

- Any thoughts? -

I'm inclined to agree with 0(-.-)0 here; these images are fantastic, yes, but I can't set the as the desktop background on any computer I've ever used, nor can I cover my bedroom walls with them.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!