Competition Ideas

pyrochild

I like Possum's idea, a car painting contest would be epic, might even enter myself...

That was a really fun comp. Maybe we can do it again in the WOTW or maybe PDNnoob might do it in his comp.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 3 weeks later...

How about a competition to take two photos and seamlessly merge them together?

Example:

rain.jpg

plus

1.jpg

With a few filters and adjustments equals

Palmtreesinrain.jpg

What do you think?

Edit: This actually isn't that great of an idea.

But anyways, you could choose from about six fore/backgrounds and from about ten objects and then merge them together.

I think it would be cool, but it probably wouldn't work out well.

Edit 2: just ignore this post. I think I was more of thinking about doing one just to do it, not because I had a good idea.

Edited by AGJM

The hardest part of ending is starting again. 

I'm really sorry if this has been suggested before - but a logo competition? Here's my idea:

Weekly Logo Competition: Entrants must submit an image that follows the following rules:

• The image must contain a name (most likely of something that pertains to you, your interests, etc)
  • It must contain a slogan. Something catchy that relates to your name or the purpose of the logo. Eight (8) words or less.
  • It can be any size or any size ratio. Preferably no smaller than 200x200 pixels.
  • The logo can be done in any genre, such as pixel art, space, psychedelic, etc.
  • External programs ARE allowed, but most of it should be done in PDN, as this is what the contest is about. If you do use an external program, please state what you did in the external program, and preferably why you didn't use PDN for the said task.
  • Optional: If you are in the top three, you may choose to do a tutorial on how you made your image. You may even choose to talk about as little as one effect in the image (e.g. how you got the nice metallic background or something).
  • (Edited in after initial post) You must also post links to any stock images you have used.

Edited by Weylin

That was a really fun comp. Maybe we can do it again in the WOTW or maybe PDNnoob might do it in his comp.

That's the plan...I'll be on break soon, so keep your eyes peeled ;)

I'm really sorry if this has been suggested before - but a logo competition?

Actually, this competition used to exist, but the host stopped...I hope he's alright :/

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

I'm really sorry if this has been suggested before - but a logo competition? Here's my idea:

Weekly Logo Competition:

Sounds fun. Do you want to host it?

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Sorry for asking this question, but can anyone enter a competition on here? I am a new member, so I am unsure of this. Thank you.

ZXCBOoZ.png

Absolutely! Welcome aboard nitenurse79. We'll look forward to your input in these cometitions boltbait.big_smile.png

Aha! I just thought one up that would actually be very interesting.

T-Shirt designs.

One blank shirt, everyone does their best to design it.

What do you all think?

I though about a contest with a minimum of effect/plugin use. So for the biggest part with the paintbrush/line tool/blurring tools/eraser and selecting tools. With that try to create a realistic image. I have made some tutorials about it, but I would like to see some people trying... I know there are people who wants too!! I will not competing(I don't want to win a contest with something I create daily, lol) , but I do like to help if you have questions about it or so...

I dare you!

edit: The shirt contest is cool too I think :)

Edited by Aislin

I though about a contest with a minimum of effect/plugin use. So for the biggest part with the paintbrush/line tool/blurring tools/eraser and selecting tools. With that try to create a realistic image. I have made some tutorials about it, but I would like to see some people trying... I know there are people who wants too!! I will not competing(I don't want to win a contest with something I create daily, lol) , but I do like to help if you have questions about it or so...

HA. I saw your name and I was like "omg Aislin is finally gonna suggest a realistic painting competition" :lol:

We need a competition like this D:

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Absolutely! Welcome aboard nitenurse79. We'll look forward to your input in these cometitions boltbait.big_smile.png

Thank you for the welcome Ego Eram Reputo :) I will get creative and try my hand at winning at least "something" :lol:

ZXCBOoZ.png

agjm why do you think no one would do it? Because it is a hard subject to do? Or because there is no interest?

thanks welsh, maybe you could email me some of your trials, maybe we could talk about where and how you get stuck?

agjm why do you think no one would do it? Because it is a hard subject to do? Or because there is no interest?

thanks welsh, maybe you could email me some of your trials, maybe we could talk about where and how you get stuck?

I believe that it is very hard to do...

then that would be a challenge :) and beside, I wont compete... I would like to see others create those things. I will help where and when I can. It's not that everyone needs to create a perfect one, but it's about creativity right? You have to start somewhere and you'll do better if its a contest I believe...

Have you tried one of my tuts yet?

then that would be a challenge :) and beside, I wont compete... I would like to see others create those things. I will help where and when I can. It's not that everyone needs to create a perfect one, but it's about creativity right? You have to start somewhere and you'll do better if its a contest I believe...

Have you tried one of my tuts yet?

No, I haven't...

Would you mind linking one?

*cough* Aislin's signature *cough*

• Upvote 2