Competition Ideas

pyrochild

Ah I forgot about those stubborn copyright laws...But you're not really breaking any copyright laws; We're not making money off any of these, and we're giving credit to the original maker of the logo. :|

RFSig_sd.png

musicbar.php?username=St1cki3&color=grey

Well US copyright laws are outrageous...Look what the music industry did to Napster. Who knows what lengths companies will go to? D:

RFSig_sd.png

Yeah, but you can also make a new logo if you prefer. I was thinking it can be any size from 150*150 and onwards. But of course if it's bigger than 800*600 you should link to it. Like you said stocks are allowed, but everything else has to be original (except the name). And I guess the rest of the rules should be pretty much the same as the *OTW comps...

• No crude / offensive language, pics, etc.
  • Only one entry per person. Minor modifications are allowed after you post, but PM the host telling what changes you want to make. If the host finds it too major, you can't make changes and will just have to deal with it. You will only have one time to ask, you can't ask for a 2nd time.
  • You must post the URLs to any and all stock images used in the image.
  • You may not post previously made images.
  • Any other questions PM the host, or post in the discussion thread.

And that's all. Oh and if this goes through, can the first theme be what you said Possum?

P.S. It should run for 2 weeks, other than weekly or monthly (Bi-Weekly Logo Contest? (BWLC)). Sheesh I've made a lot of edits to this post...:P

I wouldn't mind at all, but there is a chance that it might be used in the SAC since people have now seen the idea here.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 1 month later...

I'm no longer running Misc and WSC. Since the current ones haven't received any entries (possibly due to moving to PM entry), I've moved both of them to the archives. If you want to take over, feel free to nominate yourself.

KaHuc.png

I'm placing AVOTW on hiatus for now. I think I would like to make a Logo of the Week comp... Pyro do you approve?

E: I mean like - the theme is "Music Records Company" and you make a logo for an imaginary Music Records Company. Could be quite fun.

Edited by csm725

I am putting TOTW on hold for now. It is to hard to run it, SOTW, and Sig Battles...if anyone else wants to host it for now, you can PM me.

I'm placing AVOTW on hiatus for now. I think I would like to make a Logo of the Week comp... Pyro do you approve?

E: I mean like - the theme is "Music Records Company" and you make a logo for an imaginary Music Records Company. Could be quite fun.

Sounds like fun. I'll try to enter if I have time. I love logos!

Oh wow I had a similar idea, except mine was to modify existing logos/or make your own lol. Great, I will most likely enter too!

RFSig_sd.png

Oh wow I had a similar idea, except mine was to modify existing logos/or make your own lol. Great, I will most likely enter too!

I thought I'd heard that idea before...... from the previous page.......

On a different note I have an idea. A competition to design a new logo for anything or modify an existing logo. I don't know how to word it, so if any of you know what I'm trying to get at, please explain it better :D. The themes could be specific to a single group/company/etc. or a general category (ex. restaurants, political parties, electronic stores, etc.).

• 2 months later...

I'm just curious what happened to Monthly Skinning Contest? I was hoping to participate in it sometime soon, and POOF it's gone?

EDIT: Oh, there's a weekly skinning contest now. However, it hasn't been held in a while it seems.

Edited by jerkfight

omExTE6.png

• 6 months later...

I would like to purpose a new idea called "Livery Of The Week". Liveries are the designs on commercial aircraft, you can see my examples at: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/22125-jetliner-liveries-by-airbusa340/

There can be themes like "Liveries Of Defunct Airlines" or "Space Livery" or "Asian Airline Livery" Ect.

95UqQ.png

l

Aircraft Liveries l TrueSky Alliance l AviationParadise l Livery Painting Tutorial - Currently Constructing l

l

How To Create "Aireo" Text Tutorial l Favorite Plane : Boeing 777 l Location : Vancouver, BC, Canada l

It seems a little too specialized...perhaps we can generalize a bit and change to "paint job contest" or something. That way, the contest host can find a new picture of a vehicle or other object as the contest "theme." Everyone could be painting a house or a car one week and painting a bird or a plane the next.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

If the idea is accepted, can I be host pls? :kitteh:

sorry, airbus.

Edited by pdnnoob

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

If the idea is accepted, can I be host pls? :kitteh:

Go.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Sorry Airbus, but you're really new here and I feel you should participate in a few competitions before trying to run one.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I think it's a great idea. We had a Theme in WOTW 28 where we painted selected cars and it was one of the most popular themes we've had. Here is the link in the ARCHIVES

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...