Competition Ideas

pyrochild

So far I like all of the ideas for comps put forward.

At this stage I am not able to put my hand up for hosting any comps for 2 reasons:

1. I don't know enough about how to set up polls & the finer workings of links etc

2. At times my life gets really hectic & I'd hate to let anyone down.

Reading through these posts, my head is reeling. I think it is important to be mindful of the KISS method (keep it simple).

A variety of comps will ensure that there is something for everyone but it think it was Simon? who said we don't want to dilute the entries.

Clear, concise rules & dealines that are adhered to will ensure that these comps stay alive.

This is so exciting!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I like your idea for Tutorial of the Week, what do you think IAO?

And I like the idea of Texture of the Week, also. It will be fun. As soon as I find a theme!

hmm.. nice idea.. but its hard (for me) to remember what you done to a signature or texture (exc) so i dont know... and yeah it should be Tut of the month..

Wow ... that's a lot of competitions ... entries could be a bit slim in some ? 

Yes, I think we have enough for the moment.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

i would be quite happy to manage a comp' if needed, just so u know :cake: :cake: :cake:

Well I've been waiting for you to say whether you'd like to host the pixel art competition, but you're too late now. :|

Rubrica, you can host it if you want. By "we have enough for now" I only meant new competitions. Existing competitions are always welcome to move over here.

sorry, i havn't been watching here, i was expecting a PM but here is fine. hows it too late though??
If you'd bother to read the thread, you'd see the answer.

xZYt6wl.png

I know, and I perfectly accept that, and don't see that as being rude; I had a well formed rebuttal, but all that succeeds in doing is making me look rude (which I am at the moment, actually; it's inconsiderate of me to expect dedication to such a small competition, and therefore I perfectly understand what you mean).

:| dont wonna wait a month to get results >:O tho, i would like to host Tutorial of The Month.. (not now, later cause i see that some of the competions dosent get that many entries...)

I really like all these ideas, they're all excellent! :)

However, I personally think that there are too many competitions going on now and this forum is getting quite messy with all these discussion, entry and voting threads.

deviantART

sigs n stuff

agreed, the sig battle dosent need a discussion thread...-.- and i dont like some of the *OTW's... they are too specific...

As I said before, we have enough competitions for now. Locking.

xZYt6wl.png

i do have more in my life to do than refresh this forum every 10 seconds, (not being rude)

That is rude. Adding "not being rude" to something does not automatically make it polite.

"Not trying to be rude, but you're a complete and utter moron!" does not work.

And how do you expect to run a competition when you can't even be arsed to read the rules of threads you post in, or read something 2 posts above yours?

For the record, this is not the "volunteer to host a competition" thread, it's the competition ideas thread. Only if the suggester of an accepted idea does not want to run the competition should there be any self-nominations.

xZYt6wl.png

• 4 months later...

On a different note I have an idea. A competition to design a new logo for anything or modify an existing logo. I don't know how to word it, so if any of you know what I'm trying to get at, please explain it better :D. The themes could be specific to a single group/company/etc. or a general category (ex. restaurants, political parties, electronic stores, etc.).

RFSig_sd.png

musicbar.php?username=St1cki3&color=grey

On a different note I have an idea. A competition to design a new logo for anything or modify an existing logo. I don't know how to word it, so if any of you know what I'm trying to get at, please explain it better :D. The themes could be specific to a single group/company/etc. or a general category (ex. restaurants, political parties, electronic stores, etc.).

I know exactly what you are saying. Take an existing logo and redesign it. Like they did for the latest Star Trek movie logo.

Funny thing.....while I was trying to come up with the theme for the SAC this week, I thought maybe have a comp that would be to design a movie or TV poster for a SciFi show that hasn't been made yet. You know like the next Star Trek movie or a new Babylon 5 movie or even a comic book character that a movie hasn't been made for yet. You would be able to use stock images from existing movies, but the text and logo would have to be original as would the movie title.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Yeah, but you can also make a new logo if you prefer. I was thinking it can be any size from 150*150 and onwards. But of course if it's bigger than 800*600 you should link to it. Like you said stocks are allowed, but everything else has to be original (except the name). And I guess the rest of the rules should be pretty much the same as the *OTW comps...

• No crude / offensive language, pics, etc.
  • Only one entry per person. Minor modifications are allowed after you post, but PM the host telling what changes you want to make. If the host finds it too major, you can't make changes and will just have to deal with it. You will only have one time to ask, you can't ask for a 2nd time.
  • You must post the URLs to any and all stock images used in the image.
  • You may not post previously made images.
  • Any other questions PM the host, or post in the discussion thread.

And that's all. Oh and if this goes through, can the first theme be what you said Possum?

P.S. It should run for 2 weeks, other than weekly or monthly (Bi-Weekly Logo Contest? (BWLC)). Sheesh I've made a lot of edits to this post...:P

Edited by St1cki3

RFSig_sd.png

musicbar.php?username=St1cki3&color=grey

Can't really do modifications of existing logos here. Copyrights and whatnot.

xZYt6wl.png